Charlie Chan chicken pasta is one of the pasta in Yellow Cab’s arsenal.
A lot of people said that this is the best pasta on their menu, I can’t agree more as it really is delicious at the same time interesting just imagine a pasta cooked the Asian way, it’s a real fusion. If you haven’t tried it yet, I highly recommend it. It is not your typical pasta with red or white sauce but brown. This Asian-inspired pasta has an amazing mix of sweetness which complimented well with its savory flavor. The chicken strips and chili flakes were great additions as both pooled its signature flavors to compliment the pasta. But what really stood out was that the roasted peanuts really worked well with all the other ingredients.
Enjoy this peculiar yet delectable pasta with the rolled-up pizza I posted some days ago. You can also have it on it’s own. If you are planning to serve it with a large group of people, just double up on the ingredients. This recipe will surely impress your family and friends.
The secret ingredient is always LOVE
Tips for Charlie Chan Pasta
- If you are allergic to peanuts, you can remove it from the ingredients and still enjoy this pasta.
Charlie Chan Chicken Pasta
- 250 grams spaghetti pasta
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 medium onion minced
- 4 pcs chicken breast cut into strips
- 2 tbsp cooking oil optional
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 5 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp cooking wine
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- salt and pepper seasoning
- 1 tbsp chili flake or dried red chili
- 1 tbsp cornstarch dissolved in 1 tbsp water thickening agent
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts finely crushed
- green onions/scallion garnish
- Boil water in a pot and cook pasta according to packaging instruction or until al dente. Set aside
Making the sauce
- Heat cooking oil in a large wok over medium heat. Saute garlic and onion until onions are translucent. Add the chicken strips and cook for approx. 3 minutes or cooked through.
- Add the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, water, sugar, salt and pepper and cooking wine and bring to a simmer. Taste and adjust according to preference.
- Pour in the cornstarch and water mixture (thickening agent) gradually. Sauce consistency should be not too thick and still saucy.
- Add the spaghetti pasta and toss gently into the sauce making sure all strands are coated. Pour sesame oil and chili flakes and toss some more. Stir fry for 3 – 4 more minutes and transfer on a serving dish.
- Top with finely crushed peanuts according to your preference and garnish with green onions! Bon Appetit.