This Saffron Cream Pasta with Pan Fried Fish makes for a great and sumptuous dinner! Al dente pasta coated in saffron infused cream and delicate fish on top. Extremely delicious and satisfying!
Rich and creamy with earthy, mild bitter-sweet taste of the saffron that comes together perfectly. Saffron cream pasta with pan fried fish is a quick and easy pasta dish. It’s great for week nights but with a feel of fine dining.
Yeah I know… saffron can be pricey but why not indulge once in a while yes? Me and my husband relish a plate or two of this delicious pasta dish when feeling celebratory. So, keeping a small bottle of saffron in the cupboard is a must for me.
How to use saffron
With just a few threads tossed in , dishes like bouillabaisse, risotto, paella and this pasta makes it uniquely flavorful. The secret is to mix-in the saffron early, allowing it ample time to bloom in the cooking liquid. With that said, You need to have adequate liquid and simmering time to draw out the subtle flavors of saffron.
Do saffron last long if stored?
If properly stored, saffron threads can last for about 2 to 3 years. Place in containers with tight-fitting lids to better retain the saffron’s flavor and potency.
What pasta to use for this recipe?
I used Linguine pasta for this recipe but you can use any type you already have in your pantry.
Can I use any kind of fish?
I highly suggest using fish with white meat so it doesn’t overpower the saffron cream. Fishes with white meat are generally have mild, sweet flavor. It is very low in fat yet has a buttery, melt-in-your-mouth feel. Squeeze some lemon juice before digging in and it’s perfect!
The secret ingredient is always LOVE
You may also like:
Spaghetti Alla Puttanesca is just as quick and easy to make like any pasta dish. It requires nothing more than some items you probably have in your pantry already.
Creamy Chicken Macaroni salad with juicy shredded chicken, pineapple chunks, raisins, bacon and al dente pasta.
Saffron Cream Pasta with Pan Fried Fish
- 250 grams linguine pasta (or any pasta you prefer)
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 4 pcs. dory / st. peter's fish fillet
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 small onion (minced)
- ¼ cup dry white wine / cooking wine
- 1 ½ cup whipping cream / heavy cream
- 1 gram/pod saffron
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta of choice according to directions in the packaging. Set aside.
- In a wok or pan, heat oil over medium heat. Fry fish for 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Set aside.
- In the same wok or pan, add oil if needed, sauté onion and garlic. Tip in white wine and let the fumes evaporate for ate least 5 minutes.
- Add whipping / heavy cream the stir to incorporate. Mix-in saffron and simmer for 5-10 minutes. Taste and season with salt and pepper according to preference.
- Add cooked pasta and toss making sure that pasta is coated with cream. Remove from heat.
- Place a serving amount of pasta in a plate then place a piece of cooked fish on top. Enjoy! Bon appetit.