Charlie Chan Chicken Pasta
This Asian-inspired pasta had an amazing mix of sweetness which complimented well with its savory flavor.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 250 grams spaghetti pasta
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 medium onion minced
- 4 pcs chicken breast cut into strips
- 2 tbsp cooking oil optional
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 5 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp cooking wine
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- salt and pepper seasoning
- 1 tbsp chili flake or dried red chili
- 1 tbsp cornstarch dissolved in 1 tbsp water thickening agent
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts finely crushed
- green onions/scallion garnish
Making the sauce
Heat cooking oil in a large wok over medium heat. Saute garlic and onion until onions are translucent. Add the chicken strips and cook for approx. 3 minutes or cooked through.
Add the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, water, sugar, salt and pepper and cooking wine and bring to a simmer. Taste and adjust according to preference.
Pour in the cornstarch and water mixture (thickening agent) gradually. Sauce consistency should be not too thick and still saucy.
Add the spaghetti pasta and toss gently into the sauce making sure all strands are coated. Pour sesame oil and chili flakes and toss some more. Stir fry for 3 - 4 more minutes and transfer on a serving dish.
Top with finely crushed peanuts according to your preference and garnish with green onions! Bon Appetit.