Red Velvet Crinkles Sandwich
Red Velvet Crinkles with cream cheese filling sandwiched between? Why not! A delicious twist on these well-loved crinkle cookies. These are also a great gift idea this coming Valentine’s! Make it a special day for your loved ones and bake them this yummy treat.
With a delicious hint of cocoa and vanilla, these are perfect alongside a cup of coffee or tea. What makes it more special is taking two pieces of crinkles and making a sandwich with cream cheese frosting. Truly a mouth-watering delicacy that everyone will enjoy! This recipe is a sure keeper and it’s easy enough to make even for beginners.
How to make Red Velvet Crinkles Sandwich
A crinkle is not a crinkle without the cracks. The secret to making the perfect crinkle is you chill the dough in the fridge before you bake these cookies. Chilling the dough will make the dough easier to work with and it’ll hold it’s shape better when they bake in the oven. If you’d like to make the dough in advance, simply roll into balls and freeze on a baking sheet for 1 hour, then transfer to an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 months. As for the cream cheese frosting, beat butter, then add cream cheese and whisk until fluffy. Add sugar in batches and beat well, and lastly add vanilla and mix well together.
You might also like
The secret ingredient is always LOVE
Tips for Red Velvet Crinkles Sandwich
- For a more uniform shape and size of the cookie, you can use an ice cream scoop.
- If you’re going to use your hands, rub a bit of oil on your hands to minimize the sticking of batter.
- Or, you can use a weighing scale a weigh 25 grams of batter to make one cookie.
- And lastly, as for anything you make, do not overbake.
Red Velvet Crinkles Sandwich
For red velvet crinkles
- 375 grams or 2 cups +2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 25 grams or 1 tbsp cocoa
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp softened butter
- 1 tbsp milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp red food coloring
For cream cheese frosting
- 100 grams soften butter
- 120 grams cream cheese
- 1 cup sifted powder sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
Preparing dry ingredients
- In a mixing bowl sift the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt then set aside.
Preparing wet ingredients
- In a different bowl pour the oil, soften butter then whisk until incorporated. Add sugar then whisk. Add the egg one at a time then beat until all combined. Mix-in the milk and food coloring then whisk.
Making the dough
- Gently add the dry ingredients in 3 batches to the wet ingredients. Carefully fold with a rubber spatula until there are no more traces of flour. NOTE: Don’t mix too much or else your cookie will come out hard.
- Chill the dough for 1 hour or overnight in the fridge. While resting the batter you can make the cream cheese filling.
Making the cream cheese filling
- In a bowl, place the softened butter then whisks until light in color. Add the cream cheese then whisk again until fluffy. Tip in the powder sugar gradually while whisking until well incorporated. Lastly, add the vanilla then mix and set aside.
Baking the red velvet crinkles
- Prepare baking sheets with parchment paper lining. Preheat oven at 180°C or 350°F
- Remove dough from the refrigerator and prepare powdered sugar in a bowl.
- Scoop dough out with ice cream scoop or oiled hands, shape into medium balls (about 2 1/2 Tbsp each).
- Roll cookie dough balls into powdered sugar and evenly coat. Transfer to the parchment paper-lined baking sheets, then bake in preheated oven 10 – 12 minutes.
- Allow resting on cookie sheet for several minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. When cool to touch, spread cream cheese frosting on one cookie and top with another. Bon appetit!