Hey guys, let’s talk about Spaghetti. This dish is synonymous to Italy or Italians. It is a staple food of traditional Italian cuisine. But now it has evolve and different countries has their own versions. In the Philippines, we have the sweet sauce spaghetti. I think this type of spaghetti has become gained popularity because of the popular food chain “Jolibee”. I’m not sure but that’s how I see it, so correct me if I got my “sweet spaghetti” origins all mixed up. Anyway since there is no “Jolibee” here in Paris, I tried to copy it. I perfected this recipe by constantly trying to replicate their spaghetti and at last I (as per my daughter) perfected it. So if you want to try this sweet creamy spaghetti. Here is the recipe. Bon Chance!
The secret ingredient is always LOVE
Tips on cooking Sweet Creamy Spaghetti.
- Do not overcook the pasta! It should be (al dente) cooked so as to be still firm when bitten.
- Always check the saltiness or sweetness of the sauce when cooking. It should be based on your preferred taste.
- 500 grams spaghetti noodles
- 1/2 kilo ground beef
- 1 medium onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 4 tbsp tomato paste
- 600 grams tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup condensed milk (adjust per preference)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 medium carrot (diced to small pieces)
- 2 pieces beef cubes
- 1 bottle banana ketchup
- grated cheese (for topping)
- In a pot boil water and cook the pasta according ti packaging directions or until al dente. When done drizzle some oil to avoid sticking. Set aside
- In a casserole, put cooking oil. When the oil is hot add beef until cooked.
- Add the garlic and onion until translucent. Stir and let simmer for 5 minute.
- Add tomato paste, stir and let simmer.
- Pour the tomato sauce, stir again and add the beef cubes then simmer until the cubes dissolve.
- Add the condensed milk, salt and pepper stir well and taste. Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- When the taste is agreeable. Add banana ketchup and taste according to your preference.
- When the sauce is done. Just place some spaghetti pasta on a plate and top it with the sauce and some cheese. VOILA! Bon Appetit!