This Spinach Pizza recipe will satisfy your pizza cravings plus a dose of healthy spinach! It’s crazy tasty kids won’t even notice that there’s no meat on it. A healthy pizza recipe that doesn’t compromise flavor.
This easy spinach pizza recipe will get your kids love veggies just like mine! Even my husband who’s not a big fan of spinach loved it and thought I slipped some meat in it. It’s garlicky and chock-full of cheese that any bitterness from the spinach just melts away. This recipe makes two medium-sized pizza so half the recipe if you plan on making just one.
Why this pizza recipe works!
You can either make the dough from scratch which I’ll guide you in this recipe or you can by store-bought pizza dough. Whatever tickles your fancy.
This pizza has the creaminess of a great white pizza, without making a white sauce. Mix all of the topping ingredients together like a spinach dip, spread it over the pizza crust, and bake.
I used fresh spinach for this pizza recipe that you need to blanch first to lessen the concentration of oxalic acid and will allow you to squeeze out excess water. You can also use frozen spinach that needs thawing in warm water before using.
This pizza recipe is great on its own without adding more toppings. But if you do want some extras, feel free to experiment.
It’s not only full of mozzarella and Parmigiano, it also has cream cheese making it the creamiest pizza you’ll ever taste!
Some toppings suggestions
As I mentioned, this pizza is already a winner without adding anything else. But here are some suggestion you may try.
- Red and green bell peppers
- Toasted mushrooms
- Thinly sliced tomatoes
This are just few of the toppings you can try on this super easy spinach pizza recipe. But, don’t let me hold you back. Experiment on what works for you and please let us know!
The secret ingredient is always LOVE
This spinach pizza will go best with
Creamy Chicken Macaroni salad with juicy shredded chicken, pineapple chunks, raisins, bacon and al dente pasta.
Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo is the ultimate comfort food. This is a recipe that uses the classic Italian method of emulsifying the pasta.
My version of Charlie Chan chicken pasta from Yellow Cab’s. This is one of my favorite.
No more stress when trying to get your kids to eat veggies. This will do the trick! Adieu, MIA
Pizza Dough Ingredients
- 2 ½ cup flour
- 1 tsp instant yeast
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar optional
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 cup warm water
- 300 grams Spinach Blanch, drain and squeeze to remove excess water.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 ½ tbsp flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp powdered garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese grated
For pizza base
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ⅔ cups mozzarella cheese grated
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
Making the pizza dough
- In a bowl, combine the flour, yeast, salt and sugar. Whisk until well incorporated. Add oil and warm water then knead until dough forms that is soft and smooth.
- Lift the dough from the bowl then coat the surface of the bowl. Place the dough back in the bowl and cover with cling wrap. Let rise for 1 hour or until double in size.
Making the spinach dip
- To blanch spinach, boil water in a pot then place your spinach into the water. Use a slotted spoon to submerge the spinach in the boiling water and let it sit for 30 seconds then remove spinach from water.
- When spinach is cool to touch, squeeze gently to remove excess water.
- In a sauce pan over low heat melt the butter, add the flour gradually until then add milk then cook until roux is thick. Tip in powdered garlic, pepper and salt then stir until incorporated. Adjust seasoning if needed.
- Pour cream cheese, mozzarella, and parmesan then mix well. Add and distribute spinach the distribute spinach into the sauce. Let it simmer for 5 minutes then remove from him anf let it cool down.
- When the dough doubled in size, pre heat oven at 180°C or 356°F. Place the dough in a lightly floured surface. Divide dough into two equal parts. Take one dough and lightly press to release air.
- Stretch dough into a 8" circular shape using hands then place in a pizza pan lined with parchment paper. Place dough in the pan then spread half of the mayo evenly on top.
- Distribute half portion of grated mozzarella and Parmesan on top. Add 4 dollops (1 tbsp each) of spinach dip on top of the pizza. Bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until crust is golden. Bon appetit!