Biting into a banana coffee muffin is one of the most delicious breakfast experiences that I enjoy. These moist and fluffy banana breakfast muffins are the ultimate breakfast treat!
Imagine waking up to the irresistible scent of coffee wafting through your kitchen, intermingling with the aroma of ripe bananas. Taking my first bite of these banana bread muffins awaken my senses especially with a cup of joe!
This banana muffin recipe is easy to make using over-ripe bananas and simple ingredients. Whether you’re enjoying these muffins in the morning or treating yourself to an afternoon pick-me-up, they are sure to brighten your day and make every moment feel like a celebration.
Why This Recipe Works!
Why Add Crumble Topping Or Streusel?
Although optional, adding a crumble topping to muffins is like giving them a deliciously irresistible crown. It gives the baked treat a contrasting texture to the soft and moist muffin base. It also brings a burst of flavor to the muffins. Typically made with a mixture of butter, sugar, and flour, the crumble adds a sweet and slightly buttery taste that complements the flavors of the muffin itself.
Ingredients You Will Need
Although it looks like the list is long to create scrumptious banana coffee cake muffins, the ingredients are pantry-staple and easily available at groceries near you.
For the banana muffin batter:
For the crumble topping
Here are some helpful tips to ensure your banana coffee muffins turn out perfectly every time!
How To Serve And Store
You Might Also Like
Banana Coffee Muffins
For muffin batter
- 3 medium over-ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup cake flour (or all purpose flour)
- 1 tsp coffee essence (or coffee granules)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
For crumble topping
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 40 grams butter
- 3 tbsp oats (optional)
Making the batter
- Preheat oven at 160°C or 320°F. Line 12 count muffin tin with paper liners. Set Aside.
- Peel bananas and place in a large mixing bowl. Using a fork, mash bananas.3 medium over-ripe bananas
- Crack and tip in the eggs. Mix until eggs are incorporated.2 eggs
- Add brown sugar and white sugar and whisk until sugar dissolves.1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup white sugar
- Pour vegetables oil, milk and coffee essence. Mix until incorporated.1/2 cup milk, 1/2 cup vegetable oil, 1 tsp coffee essence
- Using a fine mesh sieve, sift cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt into the wet ingredients.1 1/2 cup cake flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp baking soda, 1/4 tsp salt
- Mix and fold batter until flour is incorporated and no traces of flour is left.
- Spoon the batter into liners, filling them all the way to the top of the muffin tin. Set Aside.
Making the crumble/streusel
- Combine the flour, butter, brown sugar and oats together in a medium bowl. Mix until you have large crumble clump.1/2 cup all purpose flour, 1/3 cup brown sugar, 40 grams butter, 3 tbsp oats
- Take the muffin tin with batter and top it with small bits of oat crumble.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool down in a wire rack the serve and enjoy. Bon appetit!