This blueberry muffins recipe is a favorite of my family. When it comes to grab and go breakfasts or picking up from school, these muffins always do the trick. This delicious and easy muffin recipes is perfect for those busy morning breakfasts. It’s a two bowl recipe, only wire whisk required, made with simple ingredients. Not only are they quick and easy to eat, they are quick and easy to make.
These are simple to whip up and perfect for a weekend breakfast. Loaded with blueberries and topped with crumb topping, I can’t get enough of this easy muffin recipe! These muffins start with a basic muffin ingredients that make a moist, perfect crumb muffin. But, unlike a lot of muffin recipes, there’s no oil in this blueberry muffins recipe.
I love these so much because they always turn out perfectly.
The secret ingredient is always LOVE
Tips for making Blueberry Muffins.
- Can you store freeze these muffins? Yes, After they’ve cooled completely, you can just place them in a zip-top bag and freeze them for up to a month!
- You can use either fresh or frozen blueberries. If you use frozen ones, let it thaw before using.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter (melted)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 cup fresh milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon zest (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups bluberries
Crumb Topping / Streusel
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 tbsp butter (melted)
- Preheat the oven to 220° Celcius. Prepare muffin tin (12 molds) and spray with non-stick cooking spray or grease with butter.
- In a bowl. sift flour, baking powder and salt then set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, put melted butter then add sugar and whisk. Add two eggs and milk and whisk again. Pour the vanilla extract and lemon zest and mix.
- Combine half of the sifted flour to the wet ingredients then gently fold. Add the remaining sifted flour then fold again until there are no traces of flour. Don’t over mix.
- Add 1 cup blueberries and fold the mixture until incorporated.
- Using an ice cream scoop or two spoons. Divide the batter evenly among the muffin tins. With the remaining blueberries, distribute evenly on top of the batter. Set aside
Making the crumb topping / Streusel
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients for the crumb topping and mix well until it forms into crumbs.
- Take the muffin tin with the batter and sprinkle the crumbs on top of the batter. Bake for 5 minutes at 220° Celcius then lower the heat at 195° Celcius and finish baking for 15 to 20 minutes. Or until an inserted toothpick tests clean.
- Et voila! Serve and enjoy your freshly baked blueberry muffins. Bon Appetit!