Strawberry milkshake to beat the heat and a soothing thirst-quencher! Made with fresh strawberries, vanilla ice cream and double-cream.
I prefer homemade milkshakes way better than what they offer at fast-food restaurants. There is a mile long difference in terms of taste, texture and of course the freshness of the milkshakes. Why settle with artificial strawberry flavoring and pink colorant when you can make the real deal.
Making the perfect strawberry milkshake
It all comes down to the right ratio of strawberries, vanilla ice cream and double-cream. No need to add sugar and milk. This recipe will give you a thick, creamy, pastel pink strawberry milkshake the way it should be.
Strawberries – Nothing beats ripe, glistening, fresh strawberries. 6 – 8 medium sized strawberries is just the right amount to make the strawberry milkshake.
Vanilla Ice Cream – Using 1 cup of high quality vanilla ice cream with no artificial flavoring and coloring will ensure better flavors for your milkshake.
Double cream or heavy cream – I added 1/2 cup of double cream or heavy cream that makes the milkshake creamier and smoother.
The secret ingredient is always LOVE
Other cold drinks you may like:
Buko Pandan Drink is a sure-fire way to cool yourself this summer! With creamy coconut juice, bits of young coconut and pandan flavored gelatin.
Guinilu is a Filipino cold drink that includes coconut milk with red jello.
Avocado Smoothie is a healthy yet simple smoothie that makes an ideal morning treat. It’s an easy way to give yourself a boost for the day ahead!
- 6-8 medium strawberries
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- ½ cup double cream or heavy cream
- Prepare the strawberries. Wash thoroughly and hull strawberries, cut in half then set aside.
- OPTIONAL: Place 3 big or 5 small glasses in the freezer to chill.
- Blend. Place the strawberries in a blender, and blend over high speed. Add vanilla ice cream and double cream then blend again until incorporated and creamy.
- Pour into glasses. Pour the milkshake out into the chilled glasses and garnish with strawberries. Serve and enjoy. Bon appetit!