Honey Glazed Pork Chops
Honey Glazed Pork Chops pan-fried in a skillet then cooked in the oven, with sweet and savory honey sauce, all done in a few minutes. This pork chops recipe is absolutely yummy, you’ll be asking for more. Best served with a side dish of potatoes au gratin or mashed.
This pork chops recipe is a perfect weeknight dinner. For best results, use pork chops that are thinly cut. 1/4″ – 1/2″ thickness is the absolute best for baking. Any thicker and it starts to get difficult to grill properly. If all you have are thick-cut pork chops, use a good knife and slice them in half.
This juicy tender Pork Chops with thyme in a deliciously flavorful honey sauce is a family favorite. This recipe is super practical and perfect for a quick family dinner! This is one of those things that you can serve easily to your family during the week, but it really is a fun twist that friends will love too. Bon Appetit!
The secret ingredient is always LOVE
Tips on Honey Glazed Pork Chops
- Cooking the Pork Chops in the oven gives it a barbecued taste unlike just frying them in a skillet.
- Cook each side of the pork chop, without turning for about 2 minutes, depending on the thickness of your pork chops. This step will ensure that the pork is perfectly cooked to golden brown in color.
- When making the sauce. Use fresh garlic and mince with a knife. Do not grate or blend the garlic.
Honey Glazed Pork Chops
- 4 pieces pork chops
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp thyme
- 2 tbsp butter
- 5 tbsp honey
- ½ cup pork broth
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
For frying pork chops
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
Marinating the pork
- Wash pork chops and pat dry with kitchen towels. Cut some small slits on the pork chops using a kitchen scissor and pound with a meat hammer to tenderize.
- In a bowl. Mix all marinating ingredients and rub both sides of the pork chops. Marinate for 20 minutes.
Frying the pork chops
- Heat cooking oil in a skillet over high heat. Pan-fry the pork chops for 2 minutes each on both sides or until slightly browned. Set aside
Making the honey sauce
- Using the same skillet on medium heat. Add butter until it melts then saute garlic until fragrant. Pour in the honey and stir for a few seconds.
- Add the broth and continue stirring until the sauce is reduced to a thicker consistency or until the sauce turns amber brown.
Cooking the pork chops in honey sauce
- Pre-heat oven at 175° C.
- Place the fried pork chops onto the skillet with the honey sauce and let simmer for 2 minutes and turn them once and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Remove the pork chops from the skillet and transfer on a baking sheet covered with aluminum foil. Do not throw the sauce for later use as glazing.
- Place in the oven and cook for 5 minutes in broil setting or until golden in color.
- Transfer in a serving dish and glaze with honey sauce. Serve and enjoy. Bon Appetit!