Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimps recipe is your ticket to a delicious and quick dinner (ready in just 15 minutes!). Here, shrimps are coated in lemon garlic butter sauce, then lightly sprinkled with parsley. So much flavor! Serve over rice, pasta or whatever you fancy!
A huge bowl of this Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp can be found at our dinner table at least once a week. It’s a “so easy to throw together” dish that can be served over anything! Shrimps are one of my favorite proteins, especially for busy weeknights. They take only minutes to cook. We’re talking 3 to 4 minutes and VOILA. Plus they’re high in protein and low in calories. You can buy shrimps already deveined, shelled and cleaned, for easier preparation. Filipinos usually love cooking shrimps with the head still attached.
In the Philippines, shrimps come in different sizes and colors depending on region, season and method of fishing. Shrimps are available all year round. So if you want something special to serve your family tonight, try this easy-to-follow recipe. Shrimp recipes are easy. I know that cooking with seafood might sound fancy, but please believe me that it is not. This Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp recipe is great for beginners.
You might also like:
The secret ingredient is always LOVE
Tips for Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp
- Use fresh lemon juice, and use fresh garlic if possible. Those two ingredients are the key to this recipe.
- You can use fresh shrimps or frozen.
Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp
- 500 grams shrimps (devein and whiskers removed)
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 5 cloves garlic ( chopped)
- 1 tbsp salt ( add more as needed)
- ½ slice lemon ( add more as needed)
- 1/4 cup water
- Cut/remove the whiskers of the shrimps and devein them then wash. Set aside.
- In a cooking pot on medium heat add the cooking oil and the butter when the butter is melted.
- Add the garlic stir and cook until the fragrant.
- Then add the shrimps stir carefully then cover let simmer for 5 mins.
- Add water, salt and squeeze the lemon then stir the shrimp and cover. Let it cook for 3 minutes then taste and adjust seasoning as preferred.
- Transfer in a bowl and sprinkle some parsley. Serve and enjoy. Bon Appetit!