Red velvet brownies with cheesecake swirled are not just attractive but also insanely delicious! Beautiful swirls of red and white just like a landscape from fantasy land. Every bite is blanketed with a sweet and tangy taste that will keep you asking for more.
I’m no stranger when it comes to red velvet. I usually make red velvet cakes with cream cheese frosting for my friends. The red velvet crinkles I last posted were such a hit so I’m sharing this recipe too. For those unfamiliar with what red velvet taste like, let me describe it the best I can. Red velvet cakes are dense buttery cakes with a slight touch of cocoa. The tanginess coming from the cream cheese frosting compliments the cake making it insanely good. So that’s what you should expect more or less when you try this brownie recipe.
How to make Red Velvet Cheesecake Swirl Brownies
Try to relax okay, these are really easy to make. First, is to sift and combine the dry ingredients such as flour, cocoa, and salt and set aside. Next is you cream the softened butter in sugar until pale in color. Then add 2 whole eggs in the butter one at a time while whisking until fluffy. Tip in vanilla and red food coloring and whisk again to incorporate well. In three batches add the dry ingredients to the batter until flour is mixed in. Pour vinegar and gently fold. Separate 1/4 cup of the batter then set aside. Pour the remaining batter in a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Let us not forget the star of the dessert which is the cheesecake swirl. To make this, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Gradually add sugar while beating. Add vanilla extract and add 1 egg and beat again for two minutes until incorporated. Pour and spread the cream cheese mixture to the red velvet batter then add the 1/4 cup of red velvet that you set aside in dollop. Now for the fun part! Using a knife, make swirls by running the knife in the patches of red velvet batter and cream cheese but be careful not to disrupt the bottom layer. Easy ain’t it? Now bake for 30-40 minutes and let it cool down before digging in.
You might also like
The secret ingredient is always LOVE
Tips for Red Velvet Cheesecake Swirl Brownies
- Freezing Instructions: Brownies will freeze well, up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
- Make sure ingredients are at room temperature.
- If using liquid food color use 1 tbsp. For gel 1/2 tbsp.
Red Velvet Cheesecake Swirl Brownies
- ½ cup or 120g unsalted butter softened in room temperature
- ¾ cup or 180g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup or 120g flour
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tbsp red gel food colouring or depending on how red you want it
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Ingredients for cream cheese batter
- 300 grams cream cheese room temperature
- 1 egg
- 45 grams sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat oven to 170°C / 340°F.
- Cream butter and sugar together with a mixer until pale and creamy. Or you can use a handheld mixer.
- Add egg one at a time while beating.
- Mix in red food coloring, and vanilla extract until well incorporated.
- Sift flour, cocoa powder and salt together. Fold in sifted mixture gently. Then add the vinegar then fold once again.
- Reserve ¼ cup of red batter and pour the rest into the prepared baking sheet.
Making the cream cheese batter
- In another mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until creamy then add sugar until smooth.
- Mix in egg and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Pour cream cheese batter on top of red velvet brownie batter and then dollop the top with reserved red batter.
- Using a knife, create swirls in the top layer but avoid touching the bottom layer.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until brownie has set.
- Cool and refrigerate before serving. Cut into brownies depending on preference. Bon appetit!