Ube Pancakes with ube sauce is visually stunning and delicious! Make this breakfast staple into a purple yam feast. Soft and fluffy pancakes exploding with ube flavor sitting on creamy purple yam sauce.
These ube pancakes like ube pandesal are what you need to start the day with. Of course I make classic pancakes but ube pancakes with purple yam sauce is way better. It’s like having pancakes with ube halaya at the same time!
The Best Ube Pancake recipe!
Using my easy pancake recipe and ube flavoring, you can make this every morning. The purple yam sauce is optional but I highly suggest you try it. The sauce gives the already ube-tasting pancake more ube flavors for you to enjoy.
Why this ube pancake recipe works!
You can either make the pancake mix from scratch using my pancake recipe or you can use boxed pancake mix from groceries.
Double or triple the ingredients to make a big batch. You can place these babies in the freezer and enjoy them everyday of the week.
If you do not fancy making the purple yam sauce (which you’ll regret), maple syrup will also work great.
Some tips for an amiable experience
If you like smooth pancakes like I do, strain the batter after mixing. This will remove lumps that will give you nice and smooth pancakes.
You can substitute ube flavoring with ube halaya, just dissolve in milk before adding to dry ingredients.
For an ube pancake Hawaii experience. Stacked the pancakes to desired height then slather with ube sauce and top with butter or ube ice cream.
The secret ingredient is always LOVE
Other ube recipes you may like:
Ube Biko Yema lets you enjoy three of your favorite desserts in one bite! A combination of Biko Kalamay with ube flavor topped with creamy yema custard brulée.
Churro ube cheesecake bars topped with cinnamon and sugar are the perfect dessert or snack!
Let your kitchen be filled with the sweet aroma of pancakes and ube every morning! Adieu, MIA
Ube Pancakes with Ube Sauce
For ube pancakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp ube flavoring
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp cooking oil (or melted butter)
For ube sauce
- 1 ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp ube flavoring
- ½ cup white chocolate (chopped)
Making the ube pancakes
- In a mixing bowl, sift flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Add beaten egg, milk, ube flavoring and oil/butter. Whisk until well incorporated. In another bowl, strain batter using a strainer to remove lumps.
- Heat a non-stick pan or skillet over low-medium heat. Spread a thin layer of butter in the pan When pan is hot enough, spread a thin layer of butter in the pan the pour ⅓ cup of pancake batter.
- Cook one side for 3-4 minutes or until edges are a bit dry and bubbles are forming on the top of the pancake. Flip the pancake and cook for 2-3 more minutes.
Making the ube sauce
- Place the heavy whip cream in a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 1 minute. Tip in white chocolate and let it sit until chocolate melts. Add the ube flavoring and stir until well incorporated.
- Place some pancakes in a plate and pour ube sauce. Top with butter or what topping you prefer.