This broccoli and shrimps in garlic sauce is perfect for those busy nights. Do you need a fresh dinner on the table in a jiffy? Fret no more! This meal is ready in just 20 minutes! A healthier dinner option that everyone will love!
I’m back with another healthy recipe, this time we’re got an amazing broccoli and shrimps dish. It’s loaded with shrimps and veggies all coated in a garlicky sauce! The ingredients for this shrimp and broccoli dish are quite simple. You’ve got your shrimp, your broccoli, a little oil, soy sauce, and cornstarch for thickening. That’s really all there is to it! Sweet shrimps and tender broccoli are tossed in a garlicky sauce, and a side of steamy, fluffy rice soaks it all up.
The beauty of this recipe is that it’s super easy to customize to your liking. Not a broccoli fan? Try carrots, asparagus, cauliflower, or a combination of vegetables. This easy stir-fry works with both fresh or frozen broccoli. If you go the frozen route, there’s no need to thaw the broccoli beforehand — just blanch it in the pan before you cook the shrimps. Don’t worry if you can only find smaller or larger shrimp. Simply adjust the cooking time accordingly, as smaller shrimp cook faster and larger may take a minute or two more.
You might also like:
The secret ingredient is always LOVE
Tips for Broccoli and Shrimps in Garlic Sauce
- To give it a bit of oomph! You can add yellow and red bell peppers.
Broccoli and Shrimps in Garlic Sauce
- 225 grams broccoli
- 500 grams shrimps (sheel removed and deveined)
- 3 tbsp cooling oil
- 1 small onion (sliced)
- 3 cloves garlic (finely chopped )
- ½ cup water
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce (or day soy sauce)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- salt (for seasoning)
- Cut broccoli and wash. Place in a pot with water and boil until soft and tender. Drain and set aside.
Making the sauce.
- In a small bowl. Mix 1/2 cup of water and cornstarch. Stir until cornstarch dissolves. Add garlic, soy sauce and sesame oil, mix and set aside.
Cooking Broccoli and Shrimps with Galic Sauce
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Saute onion until translucent and fragrant.
- Add shrimps. Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pink and opaque.
- Add the broccoli into the pan and cover for 2 minutes.
- Add the pre-made garlic sauce and carefully stir to avoid mashing the shrimps and broccoli.
- Season with salt according to preference.
- Transfer in a serving dish and enjoy. Bon Appetit!