Oatmeal Choco Revel Bars with rich chocolate fudge layer sandwiched between two buttery oatmeal cookie layers. For those of you who have never had them, they are pretty rich. But the oatmeal cookie layer isn’t super sweet and balances out the richness of the fudge. Can be served as a dessert, snack, or energy bars for those who are always on the go!
It’s one of the best things you can make with oatmeal. A chewy crunchy dessert loaded with oats and almond flakes mixed together into a tasty crust. Layered with silky smooth fudgy chocolate, then topped with more crumbled crust. My husband would bring two or three of these two work as energy bars! This is so easy and quick and so addictive! These bars don’t last long in our house. If you want, you can also freeze the baked bars for longer storage.
The procedure is quite easy. With a stand mixer (or by hand) whisk egg and sugar until light and fluffy. Add salt, vegetable oil, vanilla essence and beat until combined. Pour in the flour and whisk until there’s no trace of flour is left and mix in the oatmeal. Set aside. In a heavy saucepan over low-med heat stir condensed milk, and chocolate. Once smooth, take off from the heat. Pat about 2/3 of the oat mixture into a 12×12″ baking pan. Spread chocolate mixture over the oat layer. Clump remaining oat mixture on top of the chocolate layer. And bake.
You might also like:
The secret ingredient is always LOVE
Tips for Oatmeal Choco Revel Bars
- You can keep them in the freezer for later consumption.
- When making the chocolate fudgy the consistency should be spreadable.
Oatmeal Choco Revel Bars
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ¾ cup vegetable oil or melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup flour
- 1 ½ cup oatmeal
- ¼ cup crushed almonds flakes optional or any nuts
Chocolate Fudge Ingredients
- 150 grams dark baking chocolate
- ¾ cup condense milk
- ⅛ tsp salt
- Preheat oven in 180° C or 356° F.
- Lined 12 in. x 12 in. baking pan with parchment paper then set aside.
- In a bowl whisk eggs until light color. Then add the brown sugar, whisk until well incorporated and pale in color.
- Add the oil, whisk. Add salt and vanilla then whisk again to incorporate the ingredients. Then add the flour and whisk some more.
- Then add the oatmeal. Using a spatula fold in and mix until well combined. Then separate 1/2 cup of the oatmeal mixture in a different bowl then set aside.
- Take the bigger oatmeal mixture and spread evenly into the prepared baking pan. Set aside
Making the chocolate fudge
- In a small cooking pot. Place the dark chocolate and condensed milk and melt the chocolate over low heat. Mix until chocolate melts and make sure the consistency is not too runny.
Putting everything together
- Take the baking pan with the oatmeal mixture and pour the chocolate fudge on top.
- Take the 1/2 cup oat mixture you set aside and add crushed almond flakes. Mix well.
- Spoon scoop some of the oat-almond mixture and place it on top of the choco fudge. Pat it with the spoon to flatten. Finish off the rest of the oat-almond mix. It should look like patches of oat on top of the chocolate fudge.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 30-35 mins.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool down. Cut up into bars and serve! Bon Appetit!