Chocolate chip banana bread lets you enjoy banana bread and chocolate chips in one go! Soft and moist banana loaf loaded with decadent chocolate chips that will win the hearts of everyone.
Who can refuse such a treat? Definitely not me! Chocolate chip banana bread is a leveled-up version of banana bread with the addition of chocolate chips. It goes really well with a cup of coffee or tea for an afternoon snack or breakfast.
If you have some ripe bananas and you’re worried they’ll end up in the bin, why not turn it into something special with this chocolate chip banana bread recipe.
Best banana bread recipe
This could be one of the best banana bread recipe you’ll find out there! It bakes perfectly every single time. So no worrying if it will come out of the oven dry as a rock or super hard. Simple to make using ingredients you already have in your kitchen. Adults and kids approved and keeps moist for days!
What chocolate chips to use?
Adding chocolate chips to a delicious banana bread makes it richer and flavorful. Since the bread itself is already sweet, I suggest using semi sweet chocolate chips. You can also use mini milk chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips. It really depends on your personal preference.
Best bananas to use
Using full ripe bananas will work with this recipe but using over ripe bananas is better. You want them mushy so they’ll mix well with the other ingredients. A great indication that for a very ripe banana is that the peel is notably browned. It’s very soft when handled and it can be easily mashed with a fork.
How to store?
Once the loaf has cooled down in room temperature after baking, slice loaf into desired size and serve. Store un-cut load by covering in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator. You can also pack slices of bread and wrap in foil as packed snack.
Tips for an amiable experience
- For best result, use over-ripe bananas. They are easier to mash (incorporate more smoothly into the batter), sweeter (more starch has converted to sugar), and more aromatic when over-ripe. Although you can still have a good end product using fully ripe bananas.
- Using oil instead of butter makes the banana bread more moist but it’s entirely up to you.
- Optionally, you can also add some walnuts, almonds or pecans for texture and a nutty flavor. Also, sprinkle some on top for that crunchy exterior.
- Check the chocolate banana batter – it should be thick and have small lumps of banana.
You may also like
- Choco Banana Muffins is just a joy to eat. Chocolate muffins with decadent choco chips and bits of fresh bananas. A real treat for the kids and I guarantee you’ll love it too!
- Choco Butternut Loaf is an easy little quick cake recipe I threw together recently. This cake recipe is a copycat of one of the flavors from Dunkin Donuts munchkins.
- Banana Crunch Cake is a perfect way to use those ripe bananas! Have you got a bit of a sweet tooth but always feeling guilty after tucking into a dessert? Well, this healthier cake is perfect for you.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 4 over-ripe bananas (or fully-ripe)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (or melted butter)
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 100 grams dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 374°F (190°C). Grease a 4×8-inch loaf pan with butter and set aside.
- Peel and place the bananas in a bowl. Using a fork, mash the bananas. Set aside.4 over-ripe bananas
- In another bowl, sift 2 cups all-purpose flour then add salt and baking soda. Mix well to incorporate. Set aside2 cups all-purpose flour, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Take the mashed bananas and add two eggs and whisk to incorporate. Add vegetable oil and sugar then whisk well.1/2 cup vegetable oil, 3/4 cup brown sugar, 2 eggs
- Take the all-purpose flour mix (dry ingredients) and tip it in the mashed banana mixture. Stir and mix with a rubber spatula until no traces of flour is left. Add some chocolate chips into the batter and leave some for toppings.100 grams dark chocolate chips
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan and flatten with a spatula. Add some more chocolate chips on top.
- Place in the pre-heated oven and bake for 55 minutes or until a clean toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean..
- Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for a few minutes.
- Remove the banana bread from the loaf pan and let cool completely before serving. Slice with a bread knife and serve. Bon Appetit!
- Cooking time may vary depending on oven/equipment used.