Banana bread is a perfect afternoon snack with a cup of coffee. I love the scent when it’s freshly baked. My husband is not a big fan of bananas but banana bread is a different story. When he knows that a loaf is sitting on the table, it will make him come back for more slices all day long. I had this recipe for as long as I can remember. When I usually baked this for stay-at-home weekends. There’s no need to call out to the family to get a slice. Once they get a whiff of the fresh-out-of-the-oven scent, they come running to the table! Haha. If you have over ripe bananas this is a must make recipe! It’s moist, easy to make and delicious.
This healthy banana bread is best for snack or breakfast. It’s moist, dense and full of flavor. This recipe is a keeper and I’m sure your family will love it as much as we do!
The secret ingredient is always LOVE
Tips for Banana Bread.
- For best result, use over-ripe bananas. Why? They are easier to mash (so that they incorporate more smoothly into the batter), sweeter (more starch has converted to sugar), and more aromatic when over-ripe. Although you can still have a good end product using fully ripe bananas.
- 3 over-ripe bananas or fully-ripe
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup walnuts optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C), and butter a 4×8-inch loaf pan.
- Peel and place the three bananas in a bowl. Using a fork, mash the bananas.
- Melt butter in a microwave and pour in with the bananas. Add brown sugar and two eggs. Mix ingredients with a wire whisk until well incorporated.
- Add all-purpose flour, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp baking soda and 1/2 tbsp baking powder. Stir and mix with a rubber spatula until you for the batter.
- Crush walnuts and pour into the batter. Mix to evenly distribute the walnuts in the batter.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan and flatten with a spatula. Add some more walnuts on top and cover with aluminum foil.
- Place in the pre-heated oven and bake for 60 minutes, then remove foil, bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean..
- Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for a few minutes. Then remove the banana bread from the pan and let cool completely before serving. Slice with a bread knife and serve. Bon Appetit!