Seafood Salpicao recipe is a seafood medley in oyster sauce. It mainly consist of shrimps, mussels and squid. Sauteed bell peppers and oyster sauce gives the whole dish a flavorful taste. I always like the aroma of this dish right after cooking. It reminds me of a Portuguese restaurant we frequently eat in here in Paris. They serve big sea food platters that can easily feed a group of ten. Me and my husband are seafood lovers, so every time I cook this, a bowl of rice is not enough! Lol! This simple, healthy and easy seafood medley is perfect for dinner or special occasions. Filled with fresh mussels, shrimps and squid. This recipe will surely be enjoyed by your family and friends.
An amazing dish that that is simple and easy to prepare. Match it with rice or bread to soak up that rich and flavorful sauce.
The secret ingredient is always LOVE
Tips for Seafood Salpicao.
- For best results, use fresh seafood! But frozen ingredients will do the job as well.
- 1/2 kilo shrimps
- 2 cups mussels (with shell or un-shelled)
- 2 cups squid (cut in rings)
- 4 – 5 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- salt and pepper (seasoning)
- 2 cups red and green bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 tbsp cornstarch dissolved in 2 tbsp water (for thickening)
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- Heat oil in a wok over medium heat. Saute garlic and onion until translucent.
- Add and cook shrimps for 2 – 3 minutes or until reddish in color. Remove and place in a bowl. Set aside
- Add and cook squid for 2 – minutes. Remove and place in a bowl with the shrimps. Set aside.
- Put in the mussels, oyster sauce, soy sauce and water, bring to a boil. Add the bell peppers and the thickening agent and simmer for 5 minutes. Taste and add salt and pepper to season.
- Add shrimps and squid then stir to coat with the sauce. Simmer for 5 more minutes until sauce is reduced and thickens.
- Transfer in a serving bowl with steaming rice. Bon Appetit!