Sweet potatoes in honey syrup is an easy dessert or snack recipe. This sweet snack is popular in the Philippines. This is a basic recipe that you can expand on. It only has four ingredients that you might already have in your pantry. You can experiment by adding tapioca pearls, evaporated milk etc. You can also substitute plantain for the main ingredient. One thing I did that makes this recipe different is the honey. It makes the syrup flavor more earthy and natural. Let’s get to it and get cooking!
A favorite snack in the Philippines made of kamote in honey syrup.
The secret ingredient is always LOVE
Tips for Sweet Potatoes in Honey Syrup.
- Do not overcook your potatoes! It should be tender yet firm enough to hold form.
Sweet Potatoes in Honey Syrup
- 2 large sweet potatoes (cut in cubes)
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- Boil water, brown sugar and honey in a pot until thick.
- While boiling you can peel the sweet potatoes and cut them in cubes.
- Add the sweet potatoes in the syrup and lower to medium heat. Toss gently to coat the sweet potatoes in syrup.
- Cover the pot until sweet potatoes are tender but still firm to form.
- Serve and enjoy! You can add tapioca pearls, evaporated milk if you fancy. Bon Appetit!