Kapit is a Filipino delicacy which is popular as snack or dessert. Known for its sticky texture, sweet taste and coconut flavor. Other recipes include langka (jackfruit) as toppings for this dessert. In the town where I grew up, we like it simple and just top it with coconut curd. This sweet sticky treat is easy and cheap to prepare. The sticky composition of the dish is where it got it’s name from. Usually sold in old markets, my mother would bring home some for us when we were kids.
Enjoy this sticky, sweet delicacy as an afternoon snack or dessert.
The secret ingredient is always LOVE
Tips for Kapit
- You can place lanka (jackfruit) as toopings.
- No jackfruit? Use other flavor options for the simple syrup : lemon (from lemon rinds), pandan or just eat as is.
Kapit is sticky rice cake with topped with latik (coconut curd). Sweet, chewy, and loaded with coconut flavor, this delicacy is delicious as snack or dessert.Print Pin Rate
- 2 cups glutenous rice flour
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups water
- 3 cups coconut milk (or coconut cream)
- In a pan over medium heat, add coconut milk and bring to a boil. Stirring occasionally until liquid starts to thicken.
- Lower heat and let simmer. When oil starts to separate and solids begin to form, stir and scrape sides and bottom of the pan to prevent from burning the curd. Continue to cook and stir until curds turn golden brown. Transfer in a bowl.
- Grease small round molds using the coconut oil from the curd. Preferably puto (rice cake) molds.I used 2.5 inch diameter molds
- In a bowl. Mix Glutenous rice flour, brown sugar and water. Mix all ingredients until incorporated.
- Strain the mixture with a strainer to remove lumps of flour. When the mixture is lump-free. Pour the mixture in molds NOTE: Stir the mixture every now and then while pouring into the molds.
- Using a steamer. steam the kapit for 20 minutes. Remove from steamer and let cool down. Transfer in serving plate.
- Scoop 1 tbsp of latik and topped it into the kapit! Enjoy. Bon Appetit!
Serving: 0g | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg
Tried this recipe?Share it with us! @amiablefoods or tag #amiablefoods!
I tried making it and I like it.. not too sweet..thanks Mia for sharing your recipes.
Thank you for trying our recipe and I’m so happy you like it.