Lemon yogurt cake is a delicious snack especially when paired with tea or coffee. Moist, decadent cake made with yogurt and lemon zest make it extra moist and extra lemony! The apricot glaze adds a nice sweet, fruity taste to the cake. The french are quite fond of this cake since it’s easy and quick to make. I’d usually bake this for my daughter and her friends.
If you’re new to baking, this recipe is one way to learn the ropes and to practice at. This yogurt cake is slightly tangy, flavorful, moist and totally delicious. Simple to make and lots of lemon flavor. You’ll love this incredible cake.
For me and everyone at home, after glazing the cake with apricot jam, we usually just sprinkle this Moist Yogurt Cake with light powdered sugar. This recipe is a keeper for sure. It’s so easy to make that it’s best for unplanned get-together with friends and relatives.
The secret ingredient is always LOVE
Tips for Lemon Yogurt Cake
- Fresh Lemon Juice, Yogurt, and Oil makes the this treat super moist and soft.
- All ingredients should be in room temperature.
Lemon Yogurt Cake
- 2 medium eggs
- 125 grams plain yogurt
- 1 yogurt container granulated sugar (using the container of the yogurt)
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 ½ yogurt container all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- apricot jam (for glazing / optional)
- powdered sugar (for dusting / optional)
- Preheat oven to 180° C. Grease all sides of loaf pan with butter.
- Crack two eggs and put in a mixing bowl. Using a wire whisk stir the eggs until beaten. Add 125 grams yogurt and whisk until well incorporated. NOTE: Do not throw the container for measuring other ingredients.
- Pour sugar into the container from the yogurt and add to the mixture and whisk. Add lemon zest and vegetable oil and whisk.
- In a small bowl. Measure all-purpose flour using the yogurt container and pour into the bowl. Add 1 tsp baking powder and mix well.
- Add the flour and baking powder mix into the egg mixture gradually (in two batches) and slowly whisk until the batter is smooth.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into center of the cake comes out clean.
- Stand cake in pan for 30 minutes to cool down. Release from pan and glaze with apricot jam and dust with light powdered sugar. Bon Appetit!