This Pork Stir Fry with ginger and bell peppers is another easy to prepare recipe. Without much preparation required which is extremely useful for busy people who still want to enjoy delicious home cooked food. I added a sprinkle of chili flakes for that extra oomph. They always look really appetizing. This one-skillet/wok wonder will meet your desire for a simple, fast dinner.
Me and my family enjoy stir fries so much that I developed this recipe. The oyster sauce gives it real depth of flavor and the pork is remarkably tender so long as you don’t overcook it.
To get best results when cooking the pork strips, don’t stir it. Leave it alone while it’s in the pan, turning it just once to cook the other side. The pork should be well seared, but slightly under-cooked when you remove it from the pan. It will cook some more when you return it to the pan with the bell peppers.
The secret ingredient is always LOVE
Tips for Pork Stir Fry
- Do not overcook the meat so they’ll be tender and juicy.
Pork Stir Fry
- ½ kilo pork belly thinly cut strips
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp cooking wine optional
For stir frying
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1 knob ginger cut into strips
- ½ red bell pepper cut in chunky size
- ½ green bell pepper cut in chunky size
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp chili flakes optional
Marinating the pork
- Thinly cut the pork bellies and wash thoroughly. Place in a bowl and add soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, salt, cornstarch and cooking wine. Mix ingredients well and marinate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Heat 1 tbsp cooking oil over medium-high heat. Swirl pan to coat sides with oil. Remove from marinate sauce and add pork strips and cook for 4 to 6 minutes, turning once. Remove from pan once no longer pink. Set aside. NOTE: Do not throw way the marinating sauce.
- Using the same skillet. Saute garlic, onion and ginger until fragrant. Add the bell peppers and stir-fry until tender. Put in the pork strips and stir-fry with the bell peppers for 3 minutes.
- Pour in the marinating sauce and boil until reduced. Add the ground black pepper and chili flakes and cook for 3 minutes more. Remove from heat and serve with rice. Bon Appetit.