This grilled pork belly are definitely up there in terms of delicious flavors. With simple ingredients in the marinade. These tender grilled pork bellies are bound to become a summer (or year-round!) favorite! This dish certainly has no shortage of flavor. With the ensalada (tomato, red onion and mango) toss, this dish is a perfect combo for my fried rice recipe. If you’re expecting more guests, just double up the recipe to fit your needs. A grilled pork makes a classic summer dinner for a low-key weeknight or a cookout with friends.
But what if you don’t have an outdoor grill? You can easily cook pork bellies using an oven or on a stove-top grill pan with great results. And when you use one of those methods, you can make juicy grilled pork any time of year. Enjoy!
The secret ingredient is always LOVE
Tips for Grilled Pork Belly
- Tenderize the pork by pounding the meat with a meat mallet.
- Cut slits on the side where the fat and skin is.
- Marinate the pork for a minimum of three hours for best results.
Grilled Pork Belly
- 1 kilo pork belly (cut in thin strips)
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 mango (cut in small cubes)
- 1 tomato (cut in small cubes)
- 1 red onion (chopped)
- 2 tbsp shrimp paste
For marinating the pork bellies
- In a bowl, Place and mix all ingredients making sure the pork bellies are coated well with the marinate.
- Marinate for a minimum of three hours for the flavors to seep in.
- After 1 1/2 hours, flip the pork bellies to marinate other side.
Cooking the pork bellies and preparing the ensalada.
- When you are ready to cook the pork. Place in the oven at 220° C or 428° F (broiler setting on), for 45 minutes, halfway through flip the pork to cook the other side.
- While waiting for the pork bellies to cook, prepare the ensalada by mixing all ingredients and place in a serving bowl.
- When the pork bellies are done, Transfer in a plate with a generous serving of ensalada. Et voila! Bon Appetit!