Tiramisu Cake Roll with no eggs is a delectable dessert that is so easy to make! With mascarpone cheese whipped cream filling and sprinkling of cocoa, it’s definitely a show stopper!
For those of you looking for a delicious dessert to serve during the holidays, you search ends here! It requires no baking and no eggs because it uses lady finger biscuits dipped in coffee syrup. This next level tiramisu dessert with mascarpone whipped cream inside and out is just the perfect dessert.
Why this recipe work?
It’s quick and easy to make especially if your craving for this Italian dessert. Not counting the 1 to 2 hours it needs to set in the freezer, making it will only take 15 – 20 minutes of your time.
This recipe for tiramisu only needs a few ingredients but still makes a yummy and light tiramisu dessert.
The recipe calls for 500 grams of mascarpone cheese but you can do half-and-half mascarpone and cream cheese. I guarantee you, it works great!
No baking required means less work so you can focus on other dishes you might be cooking up to go with your tiramisu.
Ingredients that you’ll need
Lady finger biscuits – If you can find them in packs of ten then take those since you’ll be needing 30 biscuits.
Mascarpone cheese – As mentioned above, you can also do a half-and-half by mixing in cream cheese.
Cocoa powder – Use the baking cocoa powder and not the drinking powder.
The rest are probably in your kitchen already such as, powdered sugar, instant coffee granules, whipping cream, hot water.
Tips for perfect Tiramisu Cake Roll
Lightly dip lady finger biscuits in coffee syrup and do not overdo it or it will be too soggy and might break when rolling.
When rolling the cake, do it gently and don’t press too hard.
The secret ingredient is always LOVE
You may also like:
Chocolate Cake with Salted Caramel Mousse might seem like an impossible baking feat, but it actually couldn’t be simpler to prepare!
No bake yema cake with soft and fluffy steamed chiffon cake covered with creamy yema.
Tiramisu Cake Roll
- 30 pieces lady finger biscuits
- 500 grams mascarpone cheese (or 250 g mascarpone and 250 g cream cheese)
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 1 tbsp instant coffee granules
- 1 cup hot water
- 2-3 tbsp cocoa powder
- Place mascarpone cheese in a mixing bowl and beat with a hand mixer until creamy. Add powdered sugar and whipping cream and beat again until medium-stiff peak. Set aside
- Combine coffee granules and hot water in a bowl and stir until coffee dissolves. Set aside.
- Lay 40cm X 40cm baking paper on top flat surface. Lightly dip lady finger biscuits in coffee syrup one at a time and arrange them in three columns (long side of biscuits facing you).
- Spread 1 ¼ cup of mascarpone cream evenly on top of the biscuits. Dust top of the cream with 1 tbsp of cocoa powder making sure most of the top is coated. Keep the remaining mascarpone cream in the fridge to avoid it from melting.
- Gently roll up the cake form the long side. Do not press to hard when rolling to prevent biscuits from breaking. Fold the side to secure the cake inside and place in the freezer for 1 – 2 hours to set.
- Take the cake form the freezer and carefully unwrap the baking paper and transfer on a cake board or plate. Frost and decorate cake with remaining mascarpone cream and dust with remaining cocoa powder. Serve and enjoy. Bon appetit!