Cucumber Lemon Juice
Cucumber Lemon Juice is the next best thing that you can do with cucumber besides eating it. Turn fresh cucumber into a refreshing and healthy drink especially on hot summer days!
This cucumber juice recipe infused with lemon and honey is the new craze in our family now. Even the kids love it just like with avocado smoothie and other healthy juices I make when Spring arrives. A cool drink that doesn’t only serves as a thirst-quencher but also provides health benefits.
Benefits of cucumber
Like most vegetables, fresh cucumber can provide nutrients and minerals that our body needs. What’s even better is, it allows kids to enjoy cucumber and see it in a new light because of it delicious and refreshing flavor. Here are other advantages of fresh cucumber juice:
It is rich in antioxidants that can help prevent conditions like, eye degeneration due to ageing, cancer, heart disease, high blood pressure, Alzheimer’s and diabetes.
Has Vitamin C or ascorbic acid that is needed for the repair and growth of tissues in our body. This micronutrient also helps strengthen our immune system.
Good for the skin not only on the outside but also inside. Vitamin B-5 is present in cucumber that promotes healthy skin and cure acne. Cucumber lemonade also keeps you hydrated and flushes out toxins to keep a glowing complexion.
Makes the bones stronger since cucumber also has Vitamin K that helps form proteins that is required in forming healthy bones. Vitamin K also aids in healing wounds and blood clots.
Notes on ingredients
Making cucumber juice
Making cucumber juice is so easy and only takes 8 – 10 minutes to make. It’s a great drink for merienda (snack) of cake and even for breakfast.
Start off with boiling water and sugar together to make sugar syrup and let it sit to cool down. Next, blend the ingredients in a blender then strain the juice through a fine mesh sieve in a pitcher. Add water and sugar syrup an stir to incorporate.
How to serve and store
Tips for an amiable experience
You may also like
Cucumber Lemon Juice
- 2 pcs English cucumbers (skin on)
- 1 pc lemon (skin on)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 5 cups water (2 cups for blending / 3 cups for making)
For sugar syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Simmer 1/2 water and sugar in a small pot over medium heat for 5 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and set aside until cooled down.1/2 cup water, 1 cup sugar
- Wash cucumber and lemon thoroughly and cut into small pieces.2 pcs English cucumbers, 1 pc lemon
- Place cucumber, lemon, honey and 2 cups of water in a blender and blend for 2 minutes or until it turns into liquid.5 cups water, 1/4 cup honey
- Strain the mixture through a fine mesh sieve or strainer into a pitcher then add the remaining 3 cups of water.
- Add the sugar syrup and mix well to incorporate. Serve in a glass with ice and enjoy. Bon appetit!