Choco Banana Muffins is just a joy to eat. Chocolate muffins with decadent choco chips and bits of fresh bananas. A real treat for the kids and I guarantee you’ll love it too!
For someone who loves to bake it still amazes me how rewarding it is when you make something so delicious. And to prove my point, two were gone as soon as they’re out of the oven. These muffins are just so addictive one is just not enough! So if you have over-ripe bananas sitting in your kitchen, use them to make these amazing muffins!
Muffin vs. Cupcake
Whether you’re making cupcakes or muffins, both are scrumptious. But what sets them apart? Well, to make cupcakes the batter is beaten much longer. By creaming the butter and sugar together to create a smooth, fluffy batter. This creates a uniformness of air bubbles throughout the cupcake. Muffin batter, on the other hand, is beaten briefly and remains relatively lumpy.
How to make Choco Banana Muffins
This recipe is simple enough that even beginners can make them. You start by preparing a cupcake baking tray (I used a 12 cup baking tray) by placing cupcake liners and preheating the oven at 180°C or 356°F. sifting the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl using a strainer:
– all-purpose flour
Mix all of the dry ingredients using a wire whisk until well incorporated and set aside. In a different bowl, mush two large over-ripe bananas using a fork. Add an egg and stir until well combined. Pour vegetable oil and whisk.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk to incorporate. Stir in some choco chips then pour the batter into the cupcake liners and place some choco chips on top. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes at 180°C/356°F or until toothpick test comes out clean.
Tips for Choco Banana Muffins
- Do not over mix the batter to avoid making the muffing becoming hard.
- Over ripe bananas yield better results but you can also use just ripe bananas.
You might also like:
Choco Banana Muffins
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 large over ripe bananas
- 1 medium egg
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven at 180°C/356°F and line cupcake pan (12 holes) with cupcake liners.
- In a bowl, sift all dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- In another bowl, mash ripe bananas with a fork. Add egg and whisk.
- Pour vegetable oil then whisk again until well incorporated.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix until there is no traces of flour.
- Pour ¼ of the chocolate chip in the batter and give it a quick stir to spread them evenly.
- Pour the batter equally into the baking pan with cupcake liners and top each liner with chocolate using the remaining ¼ cup of choco chips.
- Bake in oven for 30 to 35 minutes at 180°C or 356°F or until toothpick test comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool down in a baking rack before serving. Bon Appetit!