Chocolate brownies with an amazing crisp outside and gooey middle, one very delicious brownie! It’s just chocolate heaven! This recipe combines rich cocoa powder with chocolate chips to create a fudge brownie you won’t want to share!
I absolutely love baking brownies! And my family definitely likes eating them. They are so easy to make yet decadent and yummy! These are great for a quick dessert fix or to bring at friends get together.
I also bake a couple of batches for my children to bring to school bake sales and events. With a thin, delicate, slightly crackle-top that gives way to a decadently rich, chewy, moist brownie center. Brownies so insanely chocolatey, they are a chocoholic’s dream. A recipe worth making again and again!
What makes a good brownie.
The best chocolate brownies are soft in the center and have a crust on top. This recipe couldn’t be simpler and doesn’t require much time to prepare! Brownies come in a variety of forms and may be either fudgy or cakey, depending on their density. They may include nuts, frosting, cream cheese, chocolate chips, or other ingredients.
Tips for best results
Brown sugar is a key ingredient in Brownies! it makes them moister, more flavor and makes for a more fudgy brownie.
Be careful not to over bake your brownies! You know when your brownies are perfectly cooked when they’re firm around the edges but they’re still soft to the touch in the middle.
After baking, let your brownie relax at room temperature for best results.
The secret ingredient is always LOVE
Other dessert recipes you may like:
Carrot Cake is a wonderfully moist and perfectly flavored cake recipe. This cake is surprisingly simple to make.
French Madeleines – Your family and friends will love its buttery flavor and light, fluffy texture.
Choco Butternut Loaf – This cake recipe is a copycat of one of the flavors from Dunkin Donuts munchkins.
Sans Rival is a Filipino dessert cake made of cashew meringue layers and French buttercream.
- 8 in x 5 in baking pan
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
Ingredients for batter
- 115 grams butter (room temperature)
- 200 grams dark chocolate (chopped into small pieces)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ tbsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
Mixing dry ingredients
- Sift all-purpose flour and cocoa powder in a bowl and set aside.
Making the brownies
- Preheat oven to 180°C and grease a 5in x 8in baking pan with batter then line with parchment paper. Let the parchment paper overlap the sides of the pan to easily release brownies from pan. Set aside.
- In a bowl, place dark chocolate and butter.
- Bring 2-3 cups of water to a simmer in a saucepan. Set the bowl in the mouth of the pot, making sure the water doesn't touch the bottom of the bowl. Stir occasionally as it softens. When chocolate and butter completely melts, remove bowl from heat. Set aside.
- In a different bowl. Combine white sugar and brown sugar. Add egg one at a time while stirring until all eggs are added. Continue stirring until sugar dissolves and mixture in pale in color.
- Tip in the melted chocolate and butter into the sugar and egg mixture. Gently mix with a spatula until well incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients in three batches while mixing until there is no trace of flour in the batter. Do not over-mix.
- Pour the batter into your prepared baking pan and bake in the oven for 40 to 45 minutes. or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out slightly fudgy, but not wet with batter. Do not overbake!
- Remove from the oven an let cool down! Serve and Bon Appetit!