Chocolate Brownies with an amazing crisp outside and gooey middle, one very delicious brownie! It’s just chocolate heaven! This recipe combines rich cocoa powder with chocolate chips to create a fudge brownie you won’t want to share!
The best brownies are soft in the center and have a crust on top. This recipe couldn’t be simpler – all you do is measure the ingredients into a bowl and give it all a good mix! A chocolate brownie is a square, baked, chocolate dessert. Brownies come in a variety of forms and may be either fudgy or cakey, depending on their density. They may include nuts, frosting, cream cheese, chocolate chips, or other ingredients.
I absolutely love baking brownies! And my family definitely likes eating them. They are so easy to make yet decadent and yummy! These are great for a quick dessert fix or to bring at friends get together. I also bake a couple of batches for my children to bring to school bake sales and events. With a thin, delicate, slightly crackle-top that gives way to a decadently rich, chewy, moist brownie center. Brownies so insanely chocolatey, they are a chocoholic’s dream. A recipe worth making again and again!
You might also like:
The secret ingredient is always LOVE
Tips for Chocolate Brownies
- Brown sugar is a key ingredient in Brownies! it makes them moister, more flavor and makes for a more fudgy brownie.
- Be careful not to over bake your brownies! You know when your brownies are perfectly cooked when they’re firm around the edges but they’re still soft to the touch in the middle. After baking, let your brownie relax at room temperature for best results.
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup dutch cocoa
Ingredients for batter
- 180 grams butter room temperature
- 180 grams dark chocolate
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup white chocolate
- 1 tsp coffee diluted in 1 tsp hot water optional
Mixing dry ingredients
- Sift all-purpose flour and dutch cocoa in a bowl and set aside.
Making the brownies
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a 22cm x 22cm baking pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil. let the parchment paper or aluminum foil overlap the sides of the pan to easily release brownies from pan.
- In a bowl, place dark chocolate and butter.
- Bring about an inch of water to a simmer in your saucepan. Set the bowl in the mouth of the pot, making sure the water doesn't touch the bottom of the bowl. Stir occasionally as it softens. When you have just a few small unmelted chunks, remove bowl from heat (residual heat will melt the rest). Set aside.
- In a different bowl. Place egg and sugar and let the sugar melt using the same method of placing the bowl on top of the saucepan with simmering water. Stir until sugar melts completely.
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer. Beat the sugar and egg mixture until pale in color.
- Combine the sugar and egg mixture with the melted butter and dark chocolate mixture. Gently mix with a spatula until well incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients in three batches while mixing until there is no trace of flour in the batter. Do not over-mix.
- Add the coffee and mix for a bit. Then add the semi-sweet choco chips and white chocolate and mix just enough to distribute the chips.
- Pour the batter into your prepared baking pan and bake in the oven for 20 to 23 minutes. or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out slightly fudgy, but not wet with batter. Do not overbake!
- Remove from the oven an let cool down! Serve and Bon Appetit!