If your a fan of mangoes, then mango float is something you definitely need to try! A Filipino dessert made of layered mangoes and graham crackers with rich cream in between.
What makes a Mango Float?
This tropical dessert also know as Mango Royale only needs 5 ingredients and forget the oven because it doesn’t need to be baked. It is a layered cake of graham, mangoes, and cream made of condensed milk and whipping cream/all-purpose cream. It is then chilled in the fridge for the cake to hold form before serving.
Other alternatives for the ingredients
Graham crackers which serves as the foundation of the icebox cake can be changed with lady fingers (broas) or chiffon cake.
Aside from mangoes other fruits can be used such as strawberries and pineapples.
I use “creme fleurette” or heavy whipping cream in this recipe but regular whipping cream or all-purpose cream works great too.
Using fresh mangoes is ideal but not necessary. You can use canned mangoes or frozen but let it thaw first before using
Tips on how to make Mango Graham
Make sure the whipping cream is chilled or cold when beating to make it creamy and fluffy.
I prefer crushed graham with butter for the bottom part of the mango float because it gives more flavor. But that is optional an you can just use whole graham crackers.
The secret ingredient is always LOVE
You might also like:
Mango Sticky Rice is a simple yet delicious dessert that is popular in Thailand.
Mango and Nata de Coco – Treat yourself with this refreshing mango dessert. If you’ve never tried making Mango and Nata de Coco before, here’s a simple recipe that you can put together in a few minutes.
Eggless tiramisu (tiramiˈsu) is Italian, meaning “pick me up” or “cheer me up”. And why wouldn’t you? Just looking at it will entice you and a bite will surely cheer you up!
- 3 ripe mangoes cut in strips
- 12 packets graham craker 8 packets crushed, 4 packets whole
- ½ cup butter melted
- 2 cups whipping cream
- ½ cup condensed add more according to preference
- Peel mangoes and slice into thin strips. Set aside. Crush 8 packets of graham with a rolling pin and transfer in a bowl. Add melted butter and mix until graham is cohesive. Set aside.
- In a bowl, pour whipping cream and beat with hand mixer until soft peak. Add condensed milk and continue beating until stiff peak. Set aside.
- Take a square or rectangular baking dish and layer the bottom with the crushed graham. Scoop 1 cup of whipping cream and spread on top of the crushed graham.
- Next, arrange some of the mango strips on top of the cream. Cover the mangoes with the remaining 4 packets of whole graham making sure that there are no gaps.
- Cover the whole graham with the remaining cream the top it off with the rest of the mangoes. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or overnight. Bon appetit!