Crispy chicken wings slathered with thick and creamy garlic parmesan sauce. Like buffalo wings, this is another way to enjoy chicken wings. You can fry or bake them but one thing is for sure, they’re seriously delicious!
If you’re a fan of sticky, spicy buffalo wings, these garlic parmesan chicken wings are a contender. The garlic-parmesan sauce packs a punch and is so flavorful it just compliments the wings. A great way to bring at potlucks or family gatherings. It’s easy to make and guaranteed to be a hit!
Prepping the wings
If you can’t find pre-cut chicken wings or sometimes called “party wings” you can easily do it at home. By bending the wings back at the joint to loosen the joint. Using a knife or kitchen shears, cut through the joint to separate the flat part and the “drumettes”. Snip the tips off and pat dry to remove moisture for crispier wings.
Fry ’em or bake them?
Whether you choose to fry or bake the wing is entirely up to you. I decided to double fry for an extra crispy chicken even when tossed with the garlic-parmesan sauce. If you prefer less oil splatter then you can bake the wings. Coat wings with oil and season with salt and pepper then arrange in a rack. Bake in pre-heated oven at 400°F for 40-45 minutes then toss in garlic-parmesan sauce.
Tips for best results
To reduce oil splatter, pat the wings dry with paper towels. This will also ensure they are crispy.
Make the garlic-parmesan sauce in advance, just reheat the sauce before tossing freshly fried chicken wings.
The secret ingredient is always LOVE
You may also like
SALT AND PEPPER CHICKEN WINGS – Probably be the simplest and most amazing wings you’ll ever make. Generously seasoned with salt and pepper and fried to a crisp perfection!
BREADED CHICKEN CUTLETS – This recipe is quick and easy yet undeniably delicious! Enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce.
CHICKEN TERIYAKI – tender and juicy chicken cooked in easy-homemade sauce! Forget bottled teriyaki, this easy recipe is ready in 20 minutes!
Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
- 1 ½ kg chicken wings see prepping procedure in content
- 3 cups cooking oil for frying
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp corn syrup
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 to 4 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 6 cloves garlic
Seasoning – dry spices
- ½ tsp thyme
- ½ tsp basil
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp salt add more if needed
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp black ground pepper
- ½ tsp marjoram
- In a small bowl, tip in all the dry seasoning spices and mix then set aside.
- Fry garlic, skin-on with a little in a skillet until soft and skin is loose. Remove from pan and when garlic is cool to touch, chop finely.
- Take another bowl and mix together mayonnaise, rice vinegar, chopped garlic, dry spices, corn syrup, parmesan cheese and lemon. Stir until well incorporated and adjust with salt if needed. Set aside and let sit for 2hrs.
- Prepare, cut chicken wings then wash thoroughly. Pat dry with paper towel and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a deep pan over high-medium until it reaches 350ºF. Working in batches, add wings to oil; fry until lightly browned, about 12 minutes, turning once. Remove to plate lined with paper towel.
- Fry wings again until golden brown, turning once, about 5 minutes. After frying all the chicken coat them with the garlic-parmesan sauce then serve. Bon appetit!