Baked salmon teriyaki is so simple to throw together and it tastes like you just made a 5 star meal. I place the salmon on top of sauteed bean sprout and bell peppers. The result blew my mind! It is one of the most flavorful ways you can enjoy fresh salmon. If you’re looking for a tasty way to make salmon that your entire family will love, even picky kids, you’ve stumbled across the right recipe! And if you aren’t a huge salmon fan, try this recipe! I bet this could transform you into a fish-lover.
This salmon recipe uses sweet and tangy teriyaki sauce. The salmon oven-baked and then glazed with more sauce.
The secret ingredient is always LOVE
Tips for Baked Salmon Teriyaki.
- Corn flour or corn starch slurry is added to thicken the sauce and as it heats up, the sauce is transformed from a liquid to a sticky glaze.
Baked Salmon Teriyaki
Foe baked salmon
- 650 grams side of salmon (skin on)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- salt and pepper (for seasoning)
For teriyaki sauce
- 1 cup water
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp mirin (optional)
- 1/4 tsp powdered garlic
- 1/4 tsp ginger (grated)
Thickening agent for teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp corn flour (dissolve with the water)
- green onions
- sesame seeds
- Pre heat oven at 180°C
- Wash the side of salmon pat dry with paper towel, coat with olive oil and season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Line a big baking pan with foil or baking parchment – this helps to prevent the fish from sticking to the tin as it cooks. Place the salmon, skin-side down, on the foil. Set aside.
To make the teriyaki sauce
- In a saucepan in medium heat, add water, soysauce, honey, mirin, sugar, powdered garlic and ginger and let boil. Reduce heat and let simmer 2 minutes then add and whisk the cornstarch and water mixture gradually until sauce thickens.
- Take the salmon. Pour sauce over the salmon. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until salmon is flaky and cooked through, bake times may vary by thickness and initial temperature of salmon.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle green onions and sesame seeds. Enjoy! Bon Appetit!