Cheese Pimiento sandwich spread is a delicious spread for any type of bread. It can also be used as a dip for nachos, breadsticks or whatever you fancy dipping into it!
This sandwich spread is truly a stable of my childhood school snack or breakfast! My mom, probably most of Filipino moms, will always have a bottle of this cheese spread in her cupboard. It’s one of my favorite sandwich spread until now. Why not?! It’s so delicious and creamy with a hint of sweetness on it. Even my kids love it. They love it so much that when the bottle we brought from the Philippines is done, I had to make my own.
Preparing the spread is very easy. Once you have all the ingredients, all that you will need is to combine everything and then mix them all together. Normally, Pimientos (or pimentos) are red bell peppers that have been broiled or grilled until the skins blacken. The peppers are then placed in a paper bag to steam. But for this recipe, I fried the bell pepper in a pan as an alternative to an oven. It’s so tasty that your guests will ask for the recipe.
This spread goes well with:
The secret ingredient is always LOVE
Tips for Cheese Pimiento
- This spread will keep well in the fridge, tightly covered, for up to 4 days.
- 300 grams cheddar cheese grated
- ¼ cup salted butter
- ¼ cup condensed milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 bell pepper seeds removed and cut in small bits
- ¾ cup fresh milk
- Melt butter in a cooking pot over medium heat. Cook bell peppers for some minutes or until wilted. Remove bell peppers from the pot and set aside
- Using the same pot with the butter. Add fresh milk and cheddar cheese. Stir until cheese has melted.
- Add condensed milk gradually while stirring. Add salt and continue stirring until you achieved thick yet a bit runny consistency.
- Remove from heat and gently fold in the chopped pimientos.
- Transfer in a jar and cover tightly. Refrigerate until just before serving. Bon Appetit!