Tuna Pesto Pasta is my absolute favorite when I need something quick, warm and comforting. Well not just me but my whole family loves Pesto Pasta! It’s the dream thirty-minute meal and I make it at least once a week. This dish is one of my pasta arsenal along with Charlie Chan Pasta, Black Pasta, and Aligue Pasta. The perfect recipe if you’re craving fast flavor. Just toss together store-bought pesto, tuna, and olives—voila! A simple pasta meal is ready in under 30 minutes.
What sets this apart from other pesto pasta recipe is the brined olives. We just love the contrast in flavor the olives gives to the dish. Making this takes no time at all to make, it’s very flavorful and can be eaten warm or as cold! In fact, my husband brought some for lunch the following day and ate it cold!
And this recipe doesn’t just taste good but healthy too. It really is good for you since it contains around half of your daily protein and fiber, whilst still being low in fat. Not bad for a quick meal that you can throw together in under 30 minutes. This tuna and pesto pasta are so simple that even kids can make it! Ideal for packed lunches.
The secret ingredient is always LOVE
Tips for Tuna Pesto Pasta
- Aside from spaghetti pasta you can also use fusilli, rotini, penne, or farfalle.
Tuna Pesto Pasta
- 500 grams spaghetti pasta cooked according to package
- 2 cans 280 grams can oil-packed tuna drained, store bought
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil cut into rings
- 1 cup pesto sauce store bought
- ¼ cup brined green olives drained
- ½ cup parmigiano cheese grated
- salt and pepper seasoning
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta, run under cold water, and return to pot. Set aside
- Heat olive oil in pan or skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic until fragrant. Add tuna and saute for a couple of seconds then add pesto and mix.
- Pour the pesto and tuna mix on the spaghetti pot and toss until spaghetti is coated with sauce. Season with salt and pepper according to preference. let simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add green olives and parmigiano and serve. Bon Appetit!