Peri Peri Chicken Livers is the ultimate quick and easy meal. Chicken livers are nutritious and affordable. And they just taste super delicious! This is a spicy but succulent dish of chicken livers with a Peri Peri sauce. It is great for an entree or main meal. Serve with toasted bread, fresh bread rolls or even piping hot rice! Add these 30-minute spicy chicken livers to your midweek repertoire.
I had my first taste of this crazy yummy dish while we still lived in the U.K. It uses the same sauce I use when making Peri-Peri Chicken. For the Peri-Peri sauce itself, I have the recipe here too. Just add more chili peppers for those seeking adventure! If you’ve ever eaten chicken liver pate/mousse/spread and liked it, you will LOVE chicken livers cooked in this spicy sauce.
This recipe has turned many a chicken liver-hater into chicken liver-lovers. The key to cooking really great chicken livers is to not overcook them. Chicken livers are very high in protein and iron and contain a range of vitamins and minerals. They are thus perfect for anyone on a low-carb/Paleo diet. Chicken liver and Peri-Peri is one of the best combinations that will always win our hearts and tummies over.
The secret ingredient is always LOVE
Tips for Peri Peri Chicken Livers
- The key to cooking really great chicken livers is to not overcook them.
Peri Peri Chicken Livers
- ½ kilo chicken liver (washed and cut separately)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp peri peri sauce
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Cut separately and wash the chicken livers. Drain excess water and pat dry properly.
- In a very hot skillet/frying pan, melt the butter and fry the chicken livers until golden brown on both sides.
- When livers are cooked through. Add the garlic, salt, pepper, and peri-peri sauce and allow to fry for another minute until fragrant then add the lemon juice.
- Let simmer for 5 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning according to preference.
- Serve with bread or steaming rice. Bon Appetit!