Steamed Pork Ribs
Steamed pork ribs in black bean sauce is the perfect easy weeknight meal! Packed with flavor and will be sure to please your family. If you love pork ribs, then this recipe is for you!
This steamed pork ribs recipe is really easy to make. It’s one way of enjoying pork without the use of cooking oil. A healthy and delicious dish that is perfect for family dinner or sharing with friends. Everyone will fall in love with the tender pork ribs. The meat melts in your mouth and the sauce has a rich taste that is simply amazing.
Getting a whiff of the dish while steaming is insanely aromatic and builds up an appetite. Everyone rushed in to the dinner table the first time I served this steamed pork dish! I can’t wait to share this recipe with you! And, if you tried it, let me know how it went! So, get out your wok and let’s get to cooking!
What Is Steamed Pork Ribs?
It’s a dim sum dish made of short ribs or spareribs that is steamed with aromatics and fermented black beans. The combination of aromatics and spices impart deep flavors into the dish. Dim sums like Chinese steamed spare ribs and chicken feet are traditional Chinese meal made up of small plate dishes and is usually accompanied by tea.
Ordering a meal at traditional dim sum restaurants is a fun and unique experience but can also be enjoyed at home. This homemade spare ribs recipe is as good as the one from Chinese restaurants if not better. It can be served as dim sum or even as a main course with a side of steamed rice.
Notes On Some Ingredients
How To Serve And Store
You May Also Like
Steamed Pork Ribs with Black Beans
Pork Ribs Preparation
- 1 kilo pork short ribs (small cuts)
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 6 cups water
- 1 tbsp fermented black beans (tausi)
- 3 tsp shaoxing wine (or rice cooking wine)
- 1 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce (or light soy sauce)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper (or white pepper)
- 3 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp chili flakes (optional)
- 1 tsp green onion (optional)
- Place pork riblets in a bowl then add 1 tbsp. cornstarch. Massage pork with cornstarch for a couple of minutes.1 kilo pork short ribs, 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Add water and massage again to remove excess blood and grime from fork ribs.6 cups water
- Rinse ribs in running water and squeeze out any excess liquid from the pork ribs and return ribs into the bowl.
- Add fermented black beans, garlic, oyster sauce, salt, pepper, shaoxing wine, sesame oil and cornstarch. Mix until ingredients are incorporated and ribs are fully coated.1 tbsp fermented black beans, 3 tsp shaoxing wine, 1 1/2 tsp sesame oil, 3 tbsp oyster sauce, 1 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp ground black pepper, 3 cloves garlic, 2 tsp cornstarch
- Cover with cling wrap and marinate for at least 1 hour or over night.
- Transfer marinated beef in a steam-safe shallow bowl or small potions in small plates.
- In a wok or wide pot, place a trivet then add enough water until it is level with the top of the trivet.
- Carefully place the bowl of ribs on top of the trivet. Double check to make sure that there's a little bit of water touching the bottom surface of the bowl.
- Cover with lid and steam ribs for 45 minutes or until pork is tender.
- Remove from heat the garnish with some green onions and chili. Serve and enjoy. Bon Appetit!1 tsp chili flakes, 1 tsp green onion
- If you are using a small steamer, you can divide the pork and sauce in two bowl and use two levels of your steamer.