This Steamed Pork Ribs with black beans recipe is really easy to make. This dish is one option of enjoying pork without the use of cooking oil. This healthy and delicious dish is perfect to share with family and friends. Everyone will fall in love with the tender pork ribs. The meat melts in your mouth and the sauce has exquisite taste that is unforgettable. The fragrance coming from the dish while steaming is so aromatic. When I served this, my husband quickly grab a spoon and dug in! I can’t wait to share with you guys how to make this dish, let’s jump right in.
Steaming pork ribs is not only healthy but also makes the meat very tender.
The secret ingredient is always LOVE
Tips for Steamed Pork Ribs with black beans
- Alternative ways to steam: Find a big cooking pot where your pan or bowl will fit. Then make three large, solid balls out of aluminum foil or a trivet and place them in the bottom of your pot. Add water, and place the pan/bowl (with ingredients) on top of the aluminum foil balls/trivet. Voila. Steam away!
Steamed Pork Ribs with Black Beans
- 1 kilo pork short ribs small cuts
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tbsp garlic crushed
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup ginger cut in strips
- 2 tbsp black beans tausi
- In a bowl, add pork ribs, soy sauce, sugar, chili flakes, garlic, black beans, salt and pepper. Mix until ingredients are incorporated.
- Add cornstarch and mix to coat the pork ribs.
- Transfer in a elliptical shaped pyrex glass or round baking pan. any shape will do depending on your steamer. NOTE: if you are using a small steamer, you can divide the pork and sauce in two pans and use two levels of your steamer.
- Steam the pork using a steamer for 30 minutes and add the ginger strips. Steam for another 30 minutes or until pork is tender. Steaming time may vary depending on the steamer you are using.
- Garnish with some scallions and serve. Bon Appetit!