We are all familiar with Chickenpops. But have you tried Peri-Peri Chickenpops? I made this recipe because of the Peri-Peri sauce I posted. Usually I do this with whole chicken, but on this recipe, I used the wing parts. Using the sauce as marinate, it gave the chicken a fusion of flavors from the sauce. This dish is ideal as appetizer, main course or to bring on picnics. Shout out to spicy food lovers, this is for you! For those who are more adventurous, you can also use the sauce for dipping. On y va les gars! Let’s go guys!
The secret ingredient is always LOVE
Tips for Peri-Peri Chickenpops
- For best result, marinate chicken wings overnight.
- 1 kilo chicken wings
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- peri-peri sauce (check our post for recipe)
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
For marinating the chicken wings
- Wash the chicken wings thoroughly and drain excess water.
- Take a chopping board and cut the wings in two parts. Set aside the tip of the wing for a different recipe. (stay tuned for our next post)
- Using the knife. take the part with more meat and scrape downwards as shown on the image.
- When your done with all the chicken wings it should resemble lollipops.
- Rub the chicken with salt, pepper and the peri-peri sauce. Place in a bowl and cover. Put in the fridge overnight.
- In a frying pan, put in the cooking oil and let it heat up a bit before frying the chicken.
- When the oil is hot enough, drop in some of the wings depending on the size of your pan. but not too crowded.
- When the chicken wings are half cook, add the sauce you used to marinate the chicken. make sure all sides are cooked or golden brown in color.
- Remove from the frying pan and serve! (you can also use the peri-peri sauce to dip the chickenpops for extra heat). Bon appetit!