Peri-Peri sauce is a hot sauce from south Africa. This is an oil based sauce, made from paprika, red bell pepper, garlic, dry red chili, seasonings, vinegar and onion. It enhances lamb, beef and chicken, and turn them to amazing new dishes. I first experienced this sauce from one of the famous restaurants in the U.K. Now I use this sauce to marinate my chicken to make Peri -Peri Chicken. You can also use this sauce for dipping or making sandwiches or wraps. So, let’s dive into it to make your very own sauce!
The secret ingredient is always LOVE
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp black pepper fine/powdered
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 red onion chopped
- 2 ripe tomatoes skin removed
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 2 clove garlic
- 2 red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup dried red chili
- 1 cup vinegar
- Using a blender, put all ingredients and blend until you have a thick paste and uniform consistency.
- Transfer to a saucepan over medium heat and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring now and then to prevent the sauce from burning.
- After 20 minutes, check the taste and adjust. The sauce should be balanced with a nice kick of spice and enough sourness.
- Once cool, pour this sauce into a jar and put in your fridge. Now, your sauce is prepared and ready to use when needed!