Pork Giniling is a hearty ground pork stew that is quick and easy to make! With ground pork, potatoes, carrots, and boiled eggs. It’s best for weekday dinners that you can make in less than 30 minutes!
With ingredients that you might already have in your kitchen, this is a simple recipe that everyone can make. I can’t stress enough how easy to put this all together! And to prove my point, I didn’t make this but my husband did! I just prepared the ingredients and just told him the process. And you know what? It’s so delicious! almost good as my own. LOL! But for my husband who’s not to keen on cooking, it’s really really good!
A straight forward recipe involving ground pork stewed in tomato sauce along with vegetables. There are a variety of ways to cook this dish. The way I cooked this is the basic recipe. You can expand on this recipe by adding raisins or hard-boiled eggs if you wish to do so. A budget-friendly recipe that your friends and family will enjoy! And goes best with steamed rice.
You might also like:
- Gising-gising (Ground pork stewed in spicy coconut milk)
- Binagoongan (Pork cooked in shrimp paste)
- Sisig (Spicy sizzling pork)
The secret ingredient is always LOVE
Tips for Pork Giniling
- Cut the potatoes and carrots into a uniform size to ensure even cooking.
- 500 grams ground pork (washed and drain excess water)
- 1 large potato (diced)
- 1 medium carrot (diced)
- 1 pc pork broth cube
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 onion (sliced)
- salt and pepper (seasoning)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- ½ cup water
- 4-5 hard-boiled eggs (peeled, optional)
- Heat oil in a deep pan over medium heat.
- Fry diced potatoes and carrots until half cooked. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Using the same pan. Saute garlic until fragrant then add onion and cook until translucent.
- Put in the ground pork and cook for a few minutes or until light brown in color.
- Add the pork cube and tomato sauce. Stir some to dissolve the pork cube then add water and bring to boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper and 1 tsp of sugar. Stir to evenly distribute. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Let simmer for 2 minutes for flavors to incorporate and remove from heat.
- Transfer to a serving dish and add peeled boiled eggs and gently fold into the dish.
- Serve with steamed rice or bread rolls. Bon Appetit!