Pork Giniling recipe is a hearty ground pork stew dish that is quick and easy to make! With ground pork, veggies and boiled eggs simmered in rich tomato sauce. A perfect dinner idea that you can make in less than 30 minutes!
With ingredients that you might already have in your kitchen, this is a simple recipe that everyone can make. I can’t stress enough how easy to put this all together! And to prove my point, I didn’t make this but my husband did! I just prepared the ingredients and just told him the process. Guess what? It’s so delicious, it’s good as my own if not better.
For my husband who’s not to keen on cooking, this Filipino stew recipe was pretty straightforward. There are a variety of ways to cook this dish and this is the simplest. You can expand on this recipe by adding raisins, green peas, and even bell peppers. A budget-friendly recipe that your friends and family will enjoy! Perfect with a side of steamed hot rice.
What Is Pork Giniling
Also known as Filipino picadillo because of some similarities with the Latin American picadillo. Picadillo usually uses ground beef, olives, raisins while “giniling” uses ground pork, and simple vegetables like carrots and potatoes. The process of stewing ground meat in tomato sauce, or fresh tomatoes along with the other ingredients is the same with both dishes. A Philippines stew dish that can be enjoyed any day or on special occasions.
Notes On Some Ingredients
You might also like:
- 500 grams ground pork (washed and drain excess water)
- 1 large potato (diced)
- 1 medium carrot (diced)
- 1 pc pork broth cube
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 onion (sliced)
- salt and pepper (seasoning)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- ½ cup water
- 4-5 hard-boiled eggs (peeled, optional)
- Heat oil in a deep pan over medium heat.2 tbsp cooking oil
- Fry diced potatoes and carrots until half cooked or tender. Remove from pan and set aside.1 large potato, 1 medium carrot
- Using the same pan. Saute garlic until fragrant then add onion and cook until translucent.2 cloves garlic, 1 onion
- Put in the ground pork and cook for a few minutes or until light brown in color.500 grams ground pork
- Add the pork cube and tomato sauce. Stir some to dissolve the pork cube then add water and bring to boil and simmer for 20 minutes.1 pc pork broth cube, 1 cup tomato sauce, ½ cup water
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper and 1 tsp of sugar. Stir to evenly distribute. Taste and adjust seasoning.salt and pepper, 1 tsp sugar
- Let simmer for 2 minutes for flavors to incorporate and remove from heat.
- Transfer to a serving dish and add peeled boiled eggs and gently fold into the dish.4-5 hard-boiled eggs
- Serve with steamed rice or bread rolls. Bon Appetit!