This Marble Butter Cake recipe is really easy and quick to make. It’s best for “out of the blue” get together with friends or for your children’s school bake sale. I made this cake just for that reason. My son need’s to bring a cake to school and the class will sell them. The profit then goes to their class’ activities or “sorties”. I enjoy participating whenever my son’s school have these bake sale. I’ts my way of contributing to the school and the children’s are the one’s who benefit anyways.
Marble Cake – rich and buttery homemade marble cake recipe with lots of chocolate. It is great with a cup of coffee or tea and I love it whenever I need a quick sweet bite. Every bite is chocolaty and sweet. Make it at home today!
The secret ingredient is always LOVE
Tips for Marble Butter Cake
- For better results, use room soften temperature butter.
Marble Butter Cake
- 280 grams cake flour
- 250 grams unsalted butter (soften)
- 100 grams granulated sugar
- 10 grams cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 4 egg yolks
- 120 ml milk
Ingredients for meringue
- 4 egg whites
- 100 grams sugar
- In a mixing bowl, sift flour and baking powder and set aside.
- In another bowl. Combine butter, sugar, salt and vanilla then beat in medium speed using a stand mixer or hand mixer until texture is light and fluffy.
- Add egg yolks gradually while still beating the mixture. Scrape the side of the mixing bowl every now and then to mix well.
- Add 1/3 part of the sifted flour then mix and fold the batter by hand using a rubber spatula. Then add 1/3 part of milk, mix and fold again. Repeat these process until you finish the sifted flour and milk.
- Pre-heat oven at 160° C. To prevent cracking of the cake, increase humidity with a tray of water under the grill.
Making the meringue
- Whisk egg white until soft peak. Add sugar gradually while whisking until stiff peak or when the meringue’s peak will hold form.
- Whisk slowly for 1 minute more. this will reduces the holes in the cake.
Combining the meringue and batter
- Add 1/3 part of the meringue to the batter. Using wire whisk, mix gently. Pour in the remaining meringue in two batches and fold gently until well incorporated.
- Scoop out about 250 – 300 grams of the cake batter and transfer in another bowl and sift the 10 grams of cocoa into the that batter and mix well.
Baking the Marble Cake
- Line with parchment paper a square baking ban (I used 12 x 12 inches) and pour the white batter and chocolate batter alternately.
- When you poured all batter, flatten the top with a rubber spatula. Then using spoon or butter knife. swirl the batter to create the marble effect.
- Tap the baking pan on a flat surface at least 2 time to let air bubbles escape.
- Put in the oven and bake for 30 minutes at 160° Celcius, increase temperature to 180° Celcius and let it bake for 15 minutes more. Use toothpick test to check if the cake is done. Cooking time may vary depending on the oven you are using.
- Let the cake cool down before removing from the baking pan. Cut into desired size and serve! Enjoy!