Marble Butter Cake
This Marble Butter Cake recipe is really easy and quick to make. It’s best for “out of the blue” get together with friends or for your children’s school bake sale. I made this cake just for that reason. My son need’s to bring a cake to school and the class will sell them. The profit then goes to their class’ activities or “sorties”. I enjoy participating whenever my son’s school have these bake sale. I’ts my way of contributing to the school and the children’s are the one’s who benefit anyways.
Marble Cake – rich and buttery homemade marble cake recipe with lots of chocolate. It is great with a cup of coffee or tea and I love it whenever I need a quick sweet bite. Every bite is chocolaty and sweet. Make it at home today!
The secret ingredient is always LOVE
Tips for Marble Butter Cake
- For better results, use room soften temperature butter.
Marble Butter Cake
- 280 grams cake flour
- 250 grams unsalted butter (soften)
- 100 grams granulated sugar
- 10 grams cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 4 egg yolks
- 120 ml milk
Ingredients for meringue
- 4 egg whites
- 100 grams sugar
- In a mixing bowl, sift flour and baking powder and set aside.
- In another bowl. Combine butter, sugar, salt and vanilla then beat in medium speed using a stand mixer or hand mixer until texture is light and fluffy.
- Add egg yolks gradually while still beating the mixture. Scrape the side of the mixing bowl every now and then to mix well.
- Add 1/3 part of the sifted flour then mix and fold the batter by hand using a rubber spatula. Then add 1/3 part of milk, mix and fold again. Repeat these process until you finish the sifted flour and milk.
- Pre-heat oven at 160° C. To prevent cracking of the cake, increase humidity with a tray of water under the grill.
Making the meringue
- Whisk egg white until soft peak. Add sugar gradually while whisking until stiff peak or when the meringue’s peak will hold form.
- Whisk slowly for 1 minute more. this will reduces the holes in the cake.
Combining the meringue and batter
- Add 1/3 part of the meringue to the batter. Using wire whisk, mix gently. Pour in the remaining meringue in two batches and fold gently until well incorporated.
- Scoop out about 250 – 300 grams of the cake batter and transfer in another bowl and sift the 10 grams of cocoa into the that batter and mix well.
Baking the Marble Cake
- Line with parchment paper a square baking ban (I used 12 x 12 inches) and pour the white batter and chocolate batter alternately.
- When you poured all batter, flatten the top with a rubber spatula. Then using spoon or butter knife. swirl the batter to create the marble effect.
- Tap the baking pan on a flat surface at least 2 time to let air bubbles escape.
- Put in the oven and bake for 30 minutes at 160° Celcius, increase temperature to 180° Celcius and let it bake for 15 minutes more. Use toothpick test to check if the cake is done. Cooking time may vary depending on the oven you are using.
- Let the cake cool down before removing from the baking pan. Cut into desired size and serve! Enjoy!