Spicy Coconut Shrimp Curry features delicious shrimp in a coconut curry that’s perfect over cooked rice. Pack tons of flavors and ready in only 20 minutes! This dish is so delicious and easy to make, you could literally have this on your dinner table in no time at all.
This homemade is so easy anyone can make it. It’s just as good or better than take-out, and much cheaper. Within this recipe post, you’ll make a flavorful curry dish, with just a few ingredients. Plus you’ll learn a simple trick to infuse stronger flavors of curry or other spices into your cooking. Originating in India, curry describes a variety of dishes, typically sauces, that contain a variety of exciting and complex spices. I tried to make this dish as simple as possible with just a couple of spices. Combined with a few aromatics results in a curry so good you’ll be craving for!
This shrimp curry is prepared with coconut milk and has more of a touch of Indian flavors. Like with any recipe, you should practice ‘mise en place”. It’s a French phrase meaning “everything in its place”. Have all your ingredients cut, measured, and ready to add to the pot. This not only helps make sure you cook everything the proper amount of time but it also is a good way to double-check that you do in fact have all the ingredients needed.
LOOKING FOR MORE SHRIMP RECIPES? HERE ARE A FEW TO TRY:
The secret ingredient is always LOVE
Tips for Spicy Coconut Shrimp Curry
- You can either use fresh or frozen shrimps for this recipe.
- You can keep the shell of the shrimps or remove them according to your preference.
Spicy Coconut Shrimp Recipe
- 500 grams shrimps (deveined, cut whiskers)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 thumb sized ginger (cut in strips)
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 3 tbsp curry powder (add more if needed)
- 3 pieces red chili (cut in small pieces)
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 lemongrass (pounded)
- salt and pepper (for seasoning)
- Heat oil in a cooking pan over medium heat. Add ginger, garlic, and lemongrass and saute until fragrant.
- Add shrimps and cook until pinkish in color. Remove shrimps and transfer in a plate then set aside.
- In the same pan, add curry powder and stir. Pour in coconut milk and stir some more and let simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the cut red chili and season with salt and pepper. Taste and adjust.
- Put the shrimp back into the pan and lower the heat. Toss the shrimps to coat with the coconut curry sauce and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer in a serving dish. Serve and Bon Appetit!