Chicken Cordon Bleu – Tender chicken, ham, and cheese rolled and lightly breaded, then pan-fried to crispy perfection and topped with a rich dijon cream sauce! Go make this Easy Chicken Cordon Bleu for dinner tonight! I’m not even kidding. It’s completely delicious, and the sauce is to die for!
I can’t even begin to count how many times I’ve made this chicken dish. I usually serve it with my Potatoes Au Gratin and Potatoes with Herbs, but some nights I just boil vegetables or steamed rice. I’m all about keeping dinner easy and this recipe is one of the easiest! This chicken recipe would be a great dish to impress with! It involved pounding the chicken and rolling the chicken with ham and cheese inside. Pretty straight forward yeah?
This may be a super simple recipe, but it’s still pretty and dressy if you want it to be. It’s the ultimate recipe to make for family and friends and it’s sure to please even the pickiest eaters. The sauce is just wonderful creamy and I cannot get enough. Serve hot, and wait for compliments. But be careful the melted cheese will be deceptively hot and could easily burn if eaten immediately. This makes 6 servings, although hearty eaters might eat 2 pieces LOL! You will be surprised to find out just how easy this is to make.
The secret ingredient is always LOVE
Tips for Chicken Cordon Bleu
- For quick dredge method simply Dunk chicken in egg flour mixture (combined in the same bowl), then in breadcrumbs.
Chicken Cordon Bleu
For Chicken Cordon Bleu
- 2 pcs large chicken breast no skin
- 2 pcs ham
- 8 slice swiss cheese
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- ½ cup flour
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
For Creamy Sauce
- 3 tbs butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 cups milk 2
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- salt and pepper for seasoning
Making Chicken Cordon Bleu
- Wash and dry the chicken breasts. Use a knife and start from the narrow end of the lobe and slices halfway through the thickness of the chicken, cutting it almost all the way through. About 1/2 inch from the end of the breast, stop cutting and spreads the breast open like a book.
- Lightly pound the chicken to make thinner and lightly season with salt and black pepper. Lay the chicken on a working surface and place a slice of cheese on top of the chicken, then the ham and cheese again and roll, setting them aside seam side down.
- In a bowl combine flour and beaten egg and mix together. Then put panko bread crumbs in a separate bowl. Dip chicken into the egg mixture, then into the panko breadcrumbs.
- Wrap the coated chicken breast in cling film and put in the fridge for later cooking or you can cook immediately.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat and fry cordon bleu until golden brown. Serve with creamy dijon sauce! Bon Appetit!
Making Creamy Dijon Sauce
- Melt butter over medium heat in a small saucepan. Add flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Add half the milk and whisk until the flour mixture is blended in.
- Add remaining milk, mustard, and cheese. Cook for 3 minutes, whisking constantly until thickened. It will thicken as it cools. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and serve with cordon bleu.