Pork Ribs Sinigang
Quick and easy recipe for pork sinigang using ribs (buto_buto) to give the soup more flavorful taste.
Servings: 6 people
- 1 kilo pork ribs
- 3 - 4 cups water
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1 medium size onion sliced
- 1 large tomato sliced
- 4 pcs okra optional
- 1/4 kilo green beans (baguio beans) optional
- 1 bundle watercress (kangkong)
- 2 pcs large green chili pepper
- 1 pack sinigang mix depends on your preference
- 1 large size taro (gabi) cut into 4 pieces
Prepare all ingredients.
Chop the pork ribs and rinse very well. Put in a large pot add water and salt then boil until meat is tender. skim or remove any scum from the water.
When the meat is tender, add onion, tomato, taro and green beans. Let boil for about 15 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
Add the sinigang mix , water cress (kangkong) and large green chili peppers and let simmer until the watercress in cooked.
Taste and check if the saltiness or sourness is on point with your taste.
Serve while it's hot! Bon Appetit!