Chicken Macaroni Salad
Creamy Chicken Macaroni salad with juicy shredded chicken, pineapple chunks, raisins, bacon and al dente pasta. A Filipino cold salad usually served on Christmas holidays. Well, I wouldn't mind having it anytime of the year.
Servings: 6 servings
- 250 grams elbow macaroni pasta
- 1 liter water for boiling pasta
- 1 tbsp salt for boiling pasta
- 150 grams chicken breast
- 2 cups mayonnaise add more if needed
- 2 tbsp condense milk or sugar add more if needed
- 3 tbsp sweet pickle relish
- ½ medium size carrots grated
- ¼ cup red onion chopped
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup pineapple chunks
- ¼ cup cheese cut into small cubes
- salt and ground black pepper for seasoning
- 3-5 pcs bacon toasted
Heat pan over medium heat and cook 3 - 5 of bacon pieces without oil until toasted. Remove from pan and cool down then cut into small bits with a kitchen scissor. Set aside.
Boil chicken breast in a pot for 5-8 minutes or until cooked through. Drain water and let cool down. Shred all chicken breast using fork then set aside.
Heat water in a pot. When the water starts boiling, add salt then add elbow macaroni. Cook according to packaging or until al dente. Drain macaroni on a colander and transfer in a mixing bowl.
Add mayonnaise and condensed milk and give it a quick toss. Tip the pickle relish, red onion and grated carrots and mix to evenly distribute ingredients.
Add cooked chicken breast, raisins, pineapple chucks, and cheese then toss again to incorporate. Sprinkle with toasted bacon and cover with cling film then refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour. Bon appetit!