Champorado for breakfast is simply the best! This thick and creamy chocolate rice porridge is perfect for starting your day. Top it with dried fish or dried anchovies to make it even better!
Servings: 10 servings
- 4-6 pieces tablea / cacao or 3/4 cup cocoa powder or add more if needed
- 1 ¾ cup glutinous rice or normal rice
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 liters water
- evaporated milk or fresh milk for topping
- dried fish "tuyo" / dried anchovies optional
In a medium pot, heat water over high heat to boil.
When the water is boiling add tablea/cacao/cocoa powder until it dissolves.
Add glutinous rice and set to medium heat. Let simmer while stirring occasionally.
When rice is cooked/soft. Add sugar and let it simmer for 2-3 more minutes.
Turn off the heat and transfer in a bowl. Top with evaporated milk and enjoy. Bon Appetit!
- Another way of making this is to not add the sugar yet after the rice is cooked. By doing this, it gives the person who will eat it the option on how sweet they want the porridge is.
- To re-heat, just add milk and place in the microwave.