No special equipment required to make your own longganisa. Just a mixing bowl and some parchment paper. You can choose the lean-fat ratio of the ground meat to make it tastier. What seasonings and spices go into the sausage is entirely up to your preference.
Servings: 12 pieces
- 1 kilo ground pork 40% fat mixed in
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 tbsp salt add more if needed
- ½ tbsp black ground pepper add more if needed
- ¼ cup worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce knorr or maggi seasoning
- ¼ cup sriracha chili sauce alternatively you can use hot sauce
- 1 cup garlic chopped
- 4 tbsp paprika
- 1½ tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp cooking oil for the marinade
- 3 tbsp cooking oil for cooking
Preparing the ground pork.
In a bowl, mix together all of the ingredients thoroughly except the cornstarch and 1 tbsp of cooking oil.
When all seasonings are mix in properly with the meat. Add the cornstarch and oil as binder to help the mixture keep it's form.
Cover the bowl with a cling film and place inside the refrigetrator foran hour or overnight.
Making the longganisa
Scoop 2-3 tablespoons of pork mixture and wrap it with cling film depending on the size you want.
Roll as tightly as you can to remove and air pockets. Close both ends to secure. Repeat until all the sausage mixture has been wrapped.
Place the wrapped sausages in a covered container or ziplock bags and keep in the freezer until needed.
To cook the skinless sausages, thaw and unwrap them. Heat oil in a frying pan and fry the sausages until nicely browned.