My Cottage Pie recipe mainly consist of minced beef, mashed potatoes and mozzarella cheese. A great- value family favorite is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser.
- 500 grams minced beef
- 2 cups mix vegetables green peas, corn and carrots (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 medium onion chopped
- pinch of paprika powder add more according to preference
- pinch of cumin powder add more according to preference
- pinch of cayenne powder add more according to preference
- pinch of ground black pepper add more according to preference
- pinch of salt add more according to preference
- 1 pc beef broth cube
- ¾ cup tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- ½ cup mozzarella add more if you want it super cheesy
Saute garlic and onion in cooking oil over medium heat in a cooking pot. Add minced beef stir until golden brown or approx. 5 minutes.
Pour in tomato sauce and stir. Add mixed vegetables and mix. Lower heat and cover to simmer for about 10 minutes or until vegetable are soft/tender.
Add beef cube, and dash with paprika, cumin, cayenne, pepper and salt. Stir and simmer for another 5 minutes. Taste and adjust according to your preference.
Remove from heat source and transfer in a baking dish. Set aside.
Pre-heat oven @ 190° C
Make the mashed potatoes by following this link.
When done with the mashed potatoes. Take the baking dish with cooked minced beef and lay the mashed potatoes on top. Make sure to spread evenly. Grate the mozzarella on top of the potatoes.
Bake for 35 minutes @ 190° C or until the top is golden brown. Remove from oven and serve while hot and smother with gravy. Bon Appetit!