A quick and easy recipe that can be served any time of day!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time35 mins
Total Time45 mins
- ½ kilo chicken wings washed and cut in two by the joints
- 1 cup rice
- 4-5 cups water
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 medium onion minced
- 1 knob ginger cut in strips approx 1 inch in length
- 1 chicken cube
- 3 tbsp fish sauce or you can use salt as alternative
- ½ tbsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 6 medium hard boiled eggs optional (sliced)
- toasted garlic garnish (store bought)
- scallions garnish
- lemon optional
Heat cooking oil in a pot over medium heat and saute garlic, onion and ginger until onions are translucent.
Add the chicken pieces and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown.
Add the fish sauce and uncooked rice then stir/mix and cook for about 2 minutes.
Pour-in 4 to 5 cups of water and drop the chicken cube then cover the pot. Bring to a boil.
Lower the heat and stir occasionally to avoid burning the rice at the bottom of the pot.
Let simmer until the rice is fully cooked, approx. 25 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning and dash with ground black pepper.
Serve hot and top it off with the hard boiled eggs, toasted garlic and scallions. Bon Appetit.