Vanilla Chiffon Cupcakes are easy and simple to make but can be made with a slight twist or a special icing. For a nice twist, you can add frozen fruit just before it goes into the oven.
Cupcakes are usually baked in a 12 cup muffin pan that has been lined with fluted paper liners. The paper liners make the cupcakes look pretty, keep them moist, make them easy to release from the pan, and also make clean up a breeze. This is so easy to make just like with my Moist Chocolate cupcakes!
The brilliant thing about this cupcake recipe is how versatile they are. Give a gift of cupcakes to a friend or loved one and try decorating with swirly icing. Try this soft and fluffy cupcake recipe and let us know.
The secret ingredient is always LOVE
Tips on Vanilla Chiffon Cupcakes
- How to make cupcakes fluffy? For an extra fluffy cupcake, separate your eggs. Add the yolks into the batter and beat the egg whites separately. Fold the egg whites in with the finished batter for the ultimate fluffy cupcake.
- How do you know if your cupcakes are done? Gently tap the top of the cupcakes. If they feel springy and bounce back, they are done!
- Remove the cupcakes from the pan immediately after removing from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool. Letting them stay in the pan will continue baking the cupcakes and could dry out your cupcakes.
Vanilla Chiffon Cupcakes
- 8 egg yolks (whites will be used for meringue)
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup water
- 2¼ cup cake flour (sifted)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 8 egg white
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C.
- Place paper liners into 2 (12 cup) muffin tins and set aside.
- In a bowl. Sift all dry ingredients (cake flour, baking powder, and salt). Set aside.
- In a different bowl. Whisk egg yolks and sugar until light in color. Add vegetable oil, vanilla extract, and water and then whisk until well incorporated.
- Tip in the sifted dry ingredients in three batches and using a spatula fold gently until it becomes smooth and has no lumps. Set aside.
Making the meringue
- Place the egg whites and cream of tartar into a clean bowl and whisk on high-speed using the whisk attachment until it becomes foamy. Decrease the speed to low and gradually add the sugar. Increase speed to high and continue whisking until stiff peaks form approximately 2 minutes.
Combining the batter and meringue
- Transfer the meringue into the batter in three batches keeping in mind to fold gently each batch (to keep the meringue airy) until well combined. Transfer batter into prepared muffin tins.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Remove from the oven and flip upside down to a cooling rack to avoid deflating and allow it to cool completely. Serve and Enjoy. Bon Appetit!
- Cook time may differ according to the oven.
- You can cut the measurement of ingredients in half to make 12 cupcakes.