Tarte Fine aux Pomme is just a recent addition to the French pastry repertoire. There are different variation of Tarte Fine by using peaches, shallots, figs etc. Me and my family like it best out of an oven, glistening with sugar and should be sweet, crisp and still with a bit of sappy juice from the fruit. But you know what they say, “to each their own”. You can eat it either hot or cold, put cream or not. A French friend once told me, “when you eat, it should be a pleasure”. That is why French people take their time eating. They savor every course of the meal. If you are courageous you can make your own puff pastry but for this recipe I’m going to use commercially bought puff pastry just like what I did with the floss in my bread floss recipe.
The secret ingredient is always LOVE
Tips on how to make Tarte Fine Pomme.
- You can use any variety of apples as long as they are fresh.
Tarte Fine aux Pomme (Thin Crusted Apple Pie)
- 4 pieces apples (more if you want)
- 1 roll puff patry (store bought)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp butter (melted)
- 1/4 slice lemon
- 4 cups water (for soaking apples)
- 1 tbsp apricot jam (optional)
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar (optional (toppings))
- prepare all ingredients.
- In a bowl put in the water and squeeze the lemon. During this step you can pre-heat your oven at 180°C.1/4 slice lemon, 4 cups water
- Peel the apples and cut into thin slices and put the sliced apples in the water/lemon mixture. Set aside.4 pieces apples
- Cut baking paper according to the size of you puff pastry and spread melted butter using a brush and sprinkle some brown sugar onto the butter.1 roll puff patry
- Unroll your puff pastry unto the buttered area of the baking paper then brush with butter and sprinkle with brown sugar.3 tbsp butter, 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Take the bowl of apples and drain the water. Rinse the apples and pat dry.
- Arranged the apples on the puff pastry. Please refer to image.
- Sprinkle the top of the apples with brown sugar. See image.
- Put in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- While waiting for it to bake, prepare the apricot glaze by mixing the apricot with 1/2 tsp. water in a bowl. Put in the microwave for 5 seconds.1 tbsp apricot jam
- When the Tarte Fine is done, remove it from the oven and glaze it with the apricot jam. Serve and enjoy! Bon Appetit!1 tbsp powdered sugar