Everyone has a favorite comfort food. These Sweet and Spicy Noodles make a great side dish or main course. Cook the noodles with your favorite meat and veggies!
Everyone in the family peeks in the kitchen every time I make sweet and spicy noodles and gets a whiff of its inviting aroma. This noodle recipe can be made in 20 minutes or less and uses simple pantry-staple ingredients.
It’s so easy to make that is why it’s a great weeknight dinner you can put together from scratch! No need to buy store-bought sweet chili sauce because you can use my sweet chili sauce recipe. A taste of this noodle dish will make you keep it on your weekly menu.
What Is Sweet And Spicy Noodles?
It is an Asian-inspired noodle recipe that is fast and easy. There are no strict rules to what goes into it, and you can adjust the flavors as you like. The sweet and savory taste of the dish is just right and has spice that will bring in an appetite.
What makes this sweet and spicy noodles recipe really good is that you can make it from scratch. Even the sweet chili sauce can be made at home with simple ingredients. This Asian noodle dish is fresh and simply delicious!
Notes On Some Ingredients
Make It Simple With Sweet Chili Sauce
This is the secret ingredient to make a flavorful sweet and spicy noodles. No need complicate it with so many ingredients. What’s even better is you can make it your own.
How To Serve And Store
You May Also Like
Sweet And Spicy Noodles
- 250 grams spaghetti pasta
- 1/4 cup Chinese black mushrooms ((optional) cut into small strips)
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 250 grams chicken breast (cut into strips)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup oyster sauce
- 2/3 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 cup shrimp broth
- If using dried Chinese black mushrooms, soak in water for 3-4 minutes first to hydrate. Drain water and set aside.1/4 cup Chinese black mushrooms
- In a large pot, boil water and add 1 tbsp. salt then cook spaghetti pasta for 8-10 minutes or until al dente. Use a colander or strainer to drain cooked pasta then set aside.250 grams spaghetti pasta
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Tip in chicken strips and cook for 3-4 minutes or until browned and cooked through.250 grams chicken breast, 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- Add black mushrooms then mix and stir fry for 1-2 minutes. Add salt and pepper and stir to fully incorporate ingredients.1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper
- Pour in soy sauce, oyster sauce and sweet and chili sauce. Stir to combine ingredients and simmer for 3-4 minutes.1/2 cup soy sauce, 1/2 cup oyster sauce, 2/3 cup sweet chili sauce
- Add shrimp broth and stir then simmer for 2-3 minutes or until sauce is slightly reduced.1 cup shrimp broth
- Add cooked spaghetti noodles and gently toss in until all strands are coated with sauce.
- Remove from heat then transfer in a serving bowl and garnish with shopped green onions. Serve and enjoy. Bon appetit!