If you are looking for an easy and delicious recipe to impress your guests, look no further, this Spicy Crabs Recipe is a winner. With this Recipe, you can be certain that your crab will be bursting with spice, sweetness and a tang from tomatoes. I found that I didn’t need to adjust my flavorings. You may want to adjust for a balance of sweet, salty, and heat from the chilies. Take care when eating the sauce—it may have bits of shell!
I had my first taste of this dish when there was a get together with friend’s, and found it underwhelming. So I tried to make my own but with being generous with the spices and voila. I made a recipe that’s just right for me and I hope for you too. Enjoy this with steaming hot rice and stinky fingers!
The secret ingredient is always LOVE
Tips for cooking Spicy Crabs in tomato sauce.
- Crabs need to be rinsed well, cleaned, and cut into pieces. Check out this video by Sydney Fish Market on how to do it, or get your fishmonger to do it for you.
Spicy Crab in Tomato Sauce
- 2 large dungeness crabs
- 3 cups water
- 1 tbsp salt for boiling crabs
- 250 grams tomato sause
- 6 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 medium oinion sliced
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp paprika powder
- 1 tbsp chili flakes
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a large pot, put the crabs, 3 cups water and 1 tbsp salt and boil for 20 minutes or until crabs are bright orange in color. When cooked, put aside and let it cool down then cut each crab in to two parts.
- In a large frying pan, heat cooking oil and saute garlic and onion until onion is translucent.
- Add the crabs and stir, let simmer for 5 minutes and cover the pan.
- Add the tomato sauce and stir, add sugar, chili flakes, paprika, salt and pepper then stir everything then cover the pan again and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Taste for sweetness, saltiness or spiciness. Also check for the thickness of the sauce making sure there is enough but not too much.
- Put in a serving plate and enjoy! Bon Appetit.